After installing the update, DCS 2.9.4.53549 - 10.04.2024, my access to modules is denied.

I have installed the update, DCS 2.9.4.53549 - 10.04.2024 this evening, then my purchased license for AV-8B is not authorized any more (I have been flying it for the last 2 months). Any one having this BS? I have started a ticket. Interested in hearing what they have to say...

located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-04-11 02:53:20.296 INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: ./CoreMods/services/VoiceChat/Sounds
2024-04-11 02:53:20.316 INFO    Scripting (Main): plugin: SKIPPED 'AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM Sims': not authorized
2024-04-11 02:53:20.316 INFO    Scripting (Main): plugin: SKIPPED 'F-16C bl.50': disabled by user
2024-04-11 02:53:20.322 INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: ./Mods/aircraft/F-5E/Sounds
2024-04-11 02:53:20.324 INFO    Scripting (Main): plugin: SKIPPED 'F/A-18C': disabled by user.

MaxJ

Edited by MaxJenius

Now my license to M-2000C has been denied as well!

2024-04-11 03:14:03.685 WARNING APP (Main): Not Authorized, auto-skipped: ./Mods/aircraft/M-2000C
2024-04-11 03:14:03.685 INFO    Scripting (Main): plugin: SKIPPED 'M-2000C by RAZBAM Sims': not authorized

@Nevyn, if it is happening occasionally, I wonder why they let this happen. These kind of incidents make me think that I use the module on rental basis, don't feel like I am a proud owner of modules. Eh. So frustrating...

• MaxJenius changed the title to After installing the update, DCS 2.9.4.53549 - 10.04.2024, my access to modules is denied.

Are you on steam or stand alone? Or did you migrate from steam to stand alone?

12 minutes ago, MaxJenius said:

@Nevyn, if it is happening occasionally, I wonder why they let this happen. These kind of incidents make me think that I use the module on rental basis, don't feel like I am a proud owner of modules. Eh. So frustrating...

Yep, you are renting it,  most people haven't realized this yet, but welcome to DCS, where frustration in one form or the other is a constant companion, well almost anyway.

Edited by Nevyn
  • Like 1

@Nevyn Mine is a standalone unit. Never had this kind of issue before today's update. 

Well, I have received update from the tech support (Thanks, Mike):

thank you for your message to DCS World support.

Please add DCS World folder to antivirus and firewall exceptions or disable it completely.
and run repair with an options: Check all files (slow) and Search for extra files after repair.

You will find more detailed information on repair here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/#2463807

You don't necessarily need to disable the antivirus software, but it's important to add the DCS root folder to the list of exceptions.
Failure to do so might result in issues after each update.
The reason behind this is that some files are encrypted, leading the antivirus software to incorrectly flag them as malicious.
Rest assured, there are no viruses in the DCS files downloaded from our official website.

--
Best regards,
Mike

So according to Mike, only solution for me is to activate exception on AV8B and M2000C DLL files in ../mod/bin or their folders. Then repair the entire DCS world files.

It is rather a intangible solution for me because McAfee can't apply exception on DLL files or exclude folder from real time scan (it can only exclude EXE or BAT files). I know DCS installation files are not infected in nature, but I am not lowering my virus protection at any time whether during gameplay or not. 

Thus  ONLY practical solution for me is 1) To purchase another antivirus program that offers such exception on the modules' dll files 2) Repair DCS installation.

• Like 1