DL Question

Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Ok folks quick question.

I may have a corrupted mission but have a DL and AWACS question. I remember Wags stating that AWACS are automatically set as donors and should show on the HSD with a donors dot but my mission it isn't, and therefore doesn't need placed in the donors column in the ME.

Is this correct or should I set the AWACS as a donor in the ME?  I'm getting contacts from Overlord but no dot. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

-Climber

Try re-saving the mission (I do that regularly), or if that fails remove the AWACS and place a new one.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

48 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Try re-saving the mission (I do that regularly), or if that fails remove the AWACS and place a new one.

Am I right in thinking that the AWACS should have a donor dot? 

I guess that's my big question. 

I will replace the AWACS and re-save.  This is one of those missions that I've added and subtracted client aircraft over time and made other small changes along the way.  I'd say it's probably a few year old by now.  I may even need to start another mission similar from scratch, but it's such a good mission.... 

Thanks for the reply Raven.

-Climber

3 minutes ago, granola1861 said:

Am I right in thinking that the AWACS should have a donor dot?

I'm not sure tbh... I never paid attention to that.

3 minutes ago, granola1861 said:

I'd say it's probably a few year old by now.

There are a lot of changes made in DCS and they often affect older missions negatively. That's why re-saving (or even removing units and placing them again) can often fix issues.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

Missions made prior to the most recent datalink fix can be weird. No matter how I tried to get a flight to appear as my flight, they just wouldn't.

Build a new mission (four planes, an AWACS, and four bad guys) from scratch? No problem.

-Ryan

• Like 1