Just transparent Windows are displayed

geojussi

I get just a transparent Window titled Black Shark after launch, no loading screens or messages are displayed. Waited patiently for some minutes w/o any change. Nothing much happends and the only option seems to be kill the app by Task Manager.

Only the multi-player launch works well and the main menu is displayed. Very strange.

Vista Home Premium, AMD 64x2 6000+, 4 GB, GeForce 9800GTX with the latest drivers updated. No problems with other applications. Three times uninstalled and re-installed (by using the Run As Admin... and UAC off, as suggested in the manual), with and without DirectX installation option.

What to do?

Got any screenshots to show?

That it only occurs for single player and not multiplayer means it's a problem in launcher.exe, which is technically good. Means the sim itself isn't broken.

Do you have any codec packs installed? I know some codec packs apparently has caused some funniness, though I'm not sure on the specifics of that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Guest KB3CNQ

I am also having the same problem but im running XP pro with pentium quad core 2.4 and NVIDIA 9800 GX2. Multiple reinstalls and removal of video codecs to ne avail.

I am having exactly the same problem.

I have a i7 rig with 3 22in Samsung 2243BWX LCDs that run 57mhz no probelm as I run rfactor, iracing etc at 5040 x 1050

I am running VISTA SP1, and 3 NVIDIA 285in SLI running the latest drivers 182.50.

When I install the game the launcher comes up and I can play in the windowed mode at 1024x768.

When I change the options - video to 5040 x 1050. The launcher restarts and just stays as an icon in the taskbar and NO display of the launcher appears on the main screen - I hear the music etc however no launcher on the screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times with teh same result.

Any pointers? Icannot play and I want to on my 3 screens :doh:

Brad

• 1 month later...

And it is not drivers or whatsoever that affects to full screen because the multiplayer UI is still in full screen mode and runs fine. It affects only to windowed mode.

What I need is a way to restore configuration to its defaults, I mean the original files, a procedure to restore them, or an utility. I do not wish to reinstall and consume an activation. I am sure there are more people suffering the same problem.

I think developers are able to give a solution to a simple thing like this, after all it is a matter of knowledge, which they positively have.

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

edit the Options.lua with Notepad++ (my path: c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts).

change line 62 like this:

["fullScreen"] = true,

Thanks!! It worked great!! :thumbup:

Just a question: What is the archive "C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config.cfg" for?

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]