Mission 2 radio not working

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong....just not sure what it is.  I turn on Tacan at 75X and ICLS on 14.  I switch the Primary radio to 3 as instructed but I can't contact the ATC.  I switch to ACLS and set the datalink to 336, and I can see I'm linked ALS1 on top right corner, but I still can't contact ATC and I don't get any data transfers.  I forgot to save my track files which I will do next if no one has any suggestions.

Any thoughts?

Hi @mla306

I will check this out. Checked the settings in the mission script, they are all correct. 
You’re the first to have this issue.
So you cannot make radio contact with the Carrier before landing. 
Assume you are using the correct talk button for Radio 1, also are you running any mods. 
A track would be really useful.

Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

No I have no mods.  Does it matter if easy comm's is on or off?  I will try the mission again and save the track.  Yes I was using Pri 1.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Easy Comms must be off in most campaigns.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Okay I have easy comm's off.  I tried again.  I have the radios working before I launch but they seem to quit after the launch.  No laughing at the end ☺️.  I was hoping to try the new ACLS on this mission, and I thought I had the option the previous time I flew it, but the option didn't come up on the HSI when I clicked on the Tacan and ICLS this time.  And as you will see at the end I'm probably going to need ACLS.....or the skip button.....close by no cigars!!

Thanks for the help.  You must have a lot of patience trying to trouble shoot for newb's like me!!  I love your campaigns by the way!

Woops forgot the track file!!

comms not working.trk .trk

You're likely using the "\" key ("communications menu" binding) to pull up radio menus?  It works for EASY comms and on the ground for REALISTIC comms, but in the air you need to use whatever you have bound for "COMM Switch - COMM 1" for COMM 1 and bound for "COMM Switch - COMM 2" for COMM 2.  Typically these will be RALT-\ and RCTRL-\.

Working on the ground by not after takeoff (and the fact that you are coming from Easy Comms) almost always point to this as the issue.

Hi @rob10, I had mentioned this but not as clearly as you have, thanks. You’re right it is a common mistake, and so I do cover it in the brief notes. @mla306 I will still check it out when I get time in case it is something else, but @rob10 is probably right. Make sure you read the brief notes prior to the missions, I try to make them as short as possible but they do include essential info like this issue.
Must admit I never use the automatic  carrier landing system but the mission is set up for it correctly. I have noted from some the system does seem a bit hit or miss sometimes. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think that's the problem.  I am using the backslash.  Thanks for the help guys.  I'll map the comm buttons and give that a try.

Yeah I think that's the problem.  I am using the backslash.  Thanks for the help guys.  I'll map the comm buttons and give that a try....update...yup problem solved, the radio that is...I still need to land this sucker!!

Thanks for the help guys.