**Need Help with Voice Chat on My Own Server**

Gideon312

Hello everyone,

I've successfully set up my own server, but I'm running into a roadblock with getting voice chat to work. After some digging, I found that SRS (Simple Radio Standalone) requires port forwarding to operate properly. This got me thinking — could this be necessary for voice chat too?

So far, I've been following this guide: [Quick DCS Voice Chat Guide](https://forum.dcs.world/topic/292022-quick-dcs-voice-chat-guide/#) which doesn't mention anything about needing to set up port forwarding specifically for voice chat.

Could there also be issues specific to AH64 models with voice chat, or is there possibly something else I might be overlooking?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated as I'd really like to get this feature working for my server.

Thanks in advance!

No additional port forwarding required. 

1st thing to check is that voice chat is enabled in the server options, under the advanced section. 

Then once you can open the window it should basically just work. Been pretty good for me recently

• Like 1

Thank you for clarifying that I don’t need to set up port forwarding for voice chat. I’ve already enabled voice chat in the advanced tab of the server settings, so I’ll look into other potential issues that might be causing the problem. Thanks again for your help!