Locking on Targets?!!?

I have been playing this game for about a week now, and its kickass...but i have some problems with locking on targets...i have managed to find out why i couldent fire anything but my cannon, because i thought the release weapons button ment to drop them off your wings....hmm...lol.

well i have 2 buttons on my joystick for what i thought would be to target shit....thay are..auto lock nearest ground target...and then the air one....but when im in the shooting range or whatever..i can not lock on anything.......i can manually sight em and resize the target box to fit.....but that was when i didnt know how to release the weapons so i never really got a shot off.....

Main question, how do i lock ground and air targets...sorry to be "the new guy" but i wannt have fun too...:(

Make sure teh targetting box is not to big and actually the smaller the better. Make sure you are within range. Also make sure you "lock" the target twice. One hit of the lock ground stablizes the system and the second hit of the lock will actually lock the target. Then you play the game of getting it in firing parameters. I hope this helps.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

There is no auto lock in Black Shark. It is all done manually.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

^^ well...perhaps in the "game" mode, rather than the realistic mode? .. that could be a good place to start to have a mess around...

Also, you can turn on "Labels" which will show you targets (Blue ones are bad guys)..-shift-F10 to enable/disable

Alternatively, watch the Producers note video's on guided weapons..it is very descriptive and shows all of the procedures to get those guided weapons on target

The rough procedure list is like this...do from a hover, not moving!:

- all systems powered on (assuming you used auto power up sequence)

- master arm on (black and white zebra swich near TV)

- select inner or outer weapons pylon ("Y" or "U" ?)..outer for Vikhr's

- Laser on standby (ie. switch up...switch is on the weapons panel on the left hand side)

- slew the Shkval around and find target..press lock once to ground stabalise

- zoom in on target in shkval, resize the shkval gate to fit around target, and lock again (should see TR , and shkval gate wil flash a little bit)...also should get a range reading, as the laser will fire on lock

- put the thing in the thing (line up the two circles in the HUD...the little one is where the target is, the big one represents the Vickrs field of view)

- if in parameters (ie the thing is in the thing, and you are under 7KM's range), you will see a "C" in the HUD and on the Shkval TV.."C" means, Good to Shoot!

- Press (and hold) the weapons release button , *whoosh* , spiralling death

- wait till the timer counts down, adn the "C" will show again.

The hard parts are putting the thing in the thing, therefor to help you, the black shark has an "auto turn to target" mode, which, when in an auto-hover will automatically point you to wherever the Shkval is pointing...it is not perfect though, and you will still need to add a little rudder to line up the two things properly to let you launch.

You can turn on this autopilot on the same panel as you turned on the laser...

Press "reset" (Backspace) to get back to nav mode...

easy

Edited by nemises

you also need to make sure the cannon is not active..no green lights on the overhead..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

well i have 2 buttons on my joystick for what i thought would be to target shit....thay are..auto lock nearest ground target...and then the air one....but when im in the shooting range or whatever..i can not lock on anything

Double-check you are actually running the mission in game mode, otherwise it certainly won't work.

When you say "in the shooting range or whatever" do you mean you're only trying on that particular mission? I'm pretty sure the targets there have been added as a static objects rather than actual ground units, which may be excluded from the auto targeting thing. It might be worth trying a different mission (maybe instant action) and see if they work there.

i will...and i had a blast hitting targets earlier....it was jsut a little hard waiting for the chopper to settle down on the auto hover......oh....what powers the 4 selector swiches above the k-401, helmet, and laser switches...thers a ground, AA, auto turn adn something else...when i start my chopper i think im not doing soemthing right...because they wont light up when selected...thanks guys!

They are powed by the "weapons" system...which is also run on AC power, so either ground AC , or the generators need to be running..

2 switches need to be on, the "weap" power switch on the right hand side (near the ejector arming panel) , and then the K401 itself needs to be on (lower left switch on the K401 panel)