Zone 5 Missile impact instant crash

Posted (edited)

Hi Reflected,

first of all, thank you for all your hard work that breathes life into this sim.
I very enjoy your campaigns and hard core attitude!

Since the last patch there is a problem in Zone 5. Whenever there is a missile impact (be it Phoenix or AIM-9), the game crashes down.
I have tried to reinstall everything, but the problem occurs again. It was no issue on previous patch.

I tested other scenarios and they work without problem, I even created F-14 against F-5 in Nevada map.
Crashes occurs only within Zone 5 missions. It happened to me on Event 7 and also on Zone 5 Practice Mission 2vsUnknown.

Can you have a look at it please? I am attaching my logs as well. 

All the best and, greetings from Slovakia,

Martin

dcs.log-20240608-213430.zip

dcs.log

Edited by thrston
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey thanks for the heads up, good catch. I've heard others report crashes too, but you nailed it with the missile impact - it happens for me too.

Now next time please report it to ED in the game crashes section - I already have, because they don't check here. In the mission editor all I can do about this is to remove your missiles, but that's about as useful as telling you not to fire them 😄

Thanks again! Dakujem vam!

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, rico86 said:

Hi Reflected, not sure what fixed internally means, but I'm still getting the issue. Will we have to wait for the next patch to drop?

It means ED found the bug and fixed it, but since there hasn't been any public updates, we still don't have that fix in our installs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...