Just updated to DCS 2.9.6.57650 - problem with Tobii Eye Tracker

I've just updated to the latest version of DCS.  When I try to fly, my Tobii Eye Tracker 5 (which had been working perfectly) isn't tracking anymore.  I've tested the Tracker with other software and everything seems OK.

Has anyone else experienced this?  If so - any idea what I need to do to get it working?

I'm just about to reinstall the Tobii software just in case that fixes the issue.  I'll post an update here later.

Thanks in advance...

M

• Like 1

After last update my rudder doesnt work. It works in the options but not during flight. I have also red sign at the rudder line, but no info while I hold mouse over it.

Wysłane z mojego VOG-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Like 1

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, SSD M.2 Drives, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

18 minutes ago, gorzasty said:

After last update my rudder doesnt work. It works in the options but not during flight. I have also red sign at the rudder line, but no info while I hold mouse over it.

Had the same with my Thrustmaster throttle; could not be used due to the red exclamation mark on all modules.
Here's what I did: Restarted computer. Disconnect, and reconnect throttle.
Restarted PC again, started DCS which crashed twice with some DX11 render error.
Restart PC, and DCS twice.
Suddenly throittle working again.
-So do not re-assign or anything (yet)

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Had the same with my Thrustmaster throttle; could not be used due to the red exclamation mark on all modules.
Here's what I did: Restarted computer. Disconnect, and reconnect throttle.
Restarted PC again, started DCS which crashed twice with some DX11 render error.
Restart PC, and DCS twice.
Suddenly throittle working again.
-So do not re-assign or anything (yet)
Ok, I will wait and try to re pług it. Thx!

• Like 1

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, SSD M.2 Drives, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

I'm using Tobii as well and after the update my eye tracker stopped working as well. After reading your post I tried disabling the new launcher and it fixed the problem for me as well, hopefully this will get fixed in the next update, heck without reading your post DCS would be unplayable at the moment...

2 hours ago, Ramses823 said:

I'm using Tobii as well and after the update my eye tracker stopped working as well. After reading your post I tried disabling the new launcher and it fixed the problem for me as well, hopefully this will get fixed in the next update, heck without reading your post DCS would be unplayable at the moment...

Well, my throttle assignment problem is back.
How do I disable the new launcher?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

21 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Well, my throttle assignment problem is back.
How do I disable the new launcher?

On the launcher windows click on the settings icon then to the far right you will see a option to disable it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramses823 said:

On the launcher windows click on the settings icon then to the far right you will see a option to disable it.  

Thx!  🙂
I think I might have solved it by using the control-settings main menu.
Assign and save from there. It had no exclamation mark.

Edited by Moxica

24 minutes ago, flying-coyotus said:

Hi,

Tobii updated, I have disabled new launcher, no exclamantion mark in the command, but still doesn't work.

Any idea or other clue ?

Thanks

The way I fixed it was to disable the Launcher by going in-game options>Misc and stopping it there (I think it's a button on the right-hand side).
Then make sure your GameHub is referring your MT.exe (or normal .exe) by clicking the Magnifying Glass next to DCS World in your GameHub interface (see picture).
It should work after that, mine did...
Screenshot 2024-07-12 180217.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

image.png

Sometimes restarting both Tobii Programs after spawning in DCS solves the Problem. Since the Update i need to do this every time - i will give disabling the Launcher a try!

Make sure Headtracker.dll is in the bin and bin-mt directories.  My first few attempts at updating to 2.9.6.57650 failed and it deleted a bunch of files.  I had to do a cleanup and repair but Tobii still wasn't working even after removing and reinstalling all of the Tobii software.  I had to manually copy the Headtracker.dll file into bin and bin-mt to get it working again.  Something I'm assuming the Tobii software did itself when I first started using it months ago.

Check out this page for more information.

https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/18493132485137-Experiencing-Issues-in-DCS-World

Edited by GT4NE1

Hi,

We got a new Game launcher, there is a Run Launcher On Start option

Inside the new game launcher, go to setting, the option is in the right column.

Disable the Run Launcher on Start function.

Ok... the New Launcher is now Disabled.... but ... ok until they fix it........

The most important thing is, the Tobii Eye Tracker is working again.

If you want it back, after logging in go to options and misc., but who wants that????

Edited by Mork

Big thanks guys. Your's solutions work for me. Eagles don't can do anything thith third party software, it is just some issues with major changes in game launcher.

Edited by Snail-6

On 7/12/2024 at 7:08 PM, Raptorattacker said:

The way I fixed it was to disable the Launcher by going in-game options>Misc and stopping it there (I think it's a button on the right-hand side).
Then make sure your GameHub is referring your MT.exe (or normal .exe) by clicking the Magnifying Glass next to DCS World in your GameHub interface (see picture).
It should work after that, mine did...
Screenshot 2024-07-12 180217.jpg

Finally it works by pointing again the dcs.exe path in Tobii gamehub.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Updated yesterday with the latest patch and Tobii stopped tracking. And this seems to happen each time there is a major update (july and yesterday).

Has anybody found a definitive solution or we still have to disconnect/stop/restart/unplug/plug/pray God?

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

On 10/1/2024 at 12:25 PM, simo-dj said:

Updated yesterday with the latest patch and Tobii stopped tracking. And this seems to happen each time there is a major update (july and yesterday).

Has anybody found a definitive solution or we still have to disconnect/stop/restart/unplug/plug/pray God?

try this, it worked for me

Tracking features not working

https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/18493132485137-Experiencing-Issues-in-DCS-World

Edited by gazda090
  • Thanks 1