Hurghada - wrong ILS frequency

Minsky

Thanks Minsky you have saved me alot of posts tonight!  Utterly painful a year on we are still having the same mindset when implementing the map.  How can the dev's not just get navigraph etc for the month and sort out the nonsense that is radio nav on this map at present.

There are so many missing tacan's, nav beacons, its basically a VFR terrain.

• Like 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F4E | F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai | Kola 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2024 at 4:26 AM, Hawkeye_UK said:

Thanks Minsky you have saved me alot of posts tonight!  Utterly painful a year on we are still having the same mindset when implementing the map.  How can the dev's not just get navigraph etc for the month and sort out the nonsense that is radio nav on this map at present.

There are so many missing tacan's, nav beacons, its basically a VFR terrain.

I feel it got worse after the update: quite a few TACANS have been removed and most broken ILS are still broken.

The map certainly requires a thorough navaids review. Although I'm not sure where they gonna get the current data on military installations in this area. Even the dedicated military supplements from Jeppesen don't have Egyptian TACANs and air bases. I assume Navigraph lacks them as well. And SkyVector is hardly a credible source for the region.

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

4 hours ago, Minsky said:

I feel it got worse after the update: quite a few TACANS have been removed and most broken ILS are still broken.

The map certainly requires a thorough navaids review. Although I'm not sure where they gonna get the current data on military installations in this area. Even the dedicated military supplements from Jeppesen don't have Egyptian TACANs and air bases. I assume Navigraph lacks them as well. And SkyVector is hardly a credible source for the region.

If they get all civilian navaids operational, and the military public available ones, i will be more than content.

I do not understand why OnReTech have literally failed to really invest any time in what is one of the core components of any map - can't nav to a target, can't hit it!

Its really a VFR map at this point.  OnreTech should be transparent on this fact, or sort out once and for all the mess (i think a year on, its a fair request)

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F4E | F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai | Kola 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OnReTech said:

Thanks, added to the bug list. Priority - medium

I struggle to find a response from you that isnt "Thanks, added to the bug list. Priority - medium" - it's almost like a copy pasted response.

Whilst i know this is a new airport, I think what most people want to know @OnReTech as you simply refuse a year one to rectify nav data or tacan files and give a detailed credible response on why so many of these are wrong or missing from release what "priority medium" means in terms of timeframes.  Your long periods of silence and failure to resolve the wider nav issues on this map is a reason why at present i cannot recommend for MP use for gen 3/cold war.

• Like 2

DCS & BMS

On 8/27/2024 at 8:53 PM, Hawkeye_UK said:

I struggle to find a response from you that isnt "Thanks, added to the bug list. Priority - medium" - it's almost like a copy pasted response.

Whilst i know this is a new airport, I think what most people want to know @OnReTech as you simply refuse a year one to rectify nav data or tacan files and give a detailed credible response on why so many of these are wrong or missing from release what "priority medium" means in terms of timeframes.  Your long periods of silence and failure to resolve the wider nav issues on this map is a reason why at present i cannot recommend for MP use for gen 3/cold war.

We answer in a standard way because we introduce bugs into our program so as not to miss anything. We try to make the maximum number of bugs for the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...