P-47D Wolfpack Campaign unplayable after update, LOW FPS, stutter

Hello!

I'm having trouble playing the P47 campaign, after the recent patches.

I hadn't played in the last months, due to world and life being very busy. Now, after the update, every time I get airborne and the bombers join up, the FPS goes to hell and it seems I'm CPU limited. This wasn't happening before the update and I'm quite sure this is not campaign related, so apologies for posting here, but it did show up when playing the campaign. Has anyone else got similar issues? Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6800, 64GB ram and 1440p display. On MP servers, I sometimes get some stutter but nothing close to what is happening when I'm playing mission 2 of this campaign.

Cheers

New DCS bug, kdo causes stutters. ED is working on it. But please report these to ED, I can’t fix core dcsperformance  

Yeah, I kinda guessed so. I had already played half the campaign when i had to reinstall everything on the computer and lost my progress. Then had to move towns and was without playing for months, do the updates, start over the campaign and now can’t do anything.
Anyway, thanks for the reply man!
Awesome campaigns and youtube content btw!! Really love your work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just started this one and played through MSN 1.  Had a pretty big FPS drop when the bomber formation spawned that lasted until after we turned back to base.   After dogfighting, and getting a couple of kills, we were formed up and RTB’ing when the sim froze.    I was admittedly accelerating time.   Oddly enough, I was able to hit escape, and get to the menu.  After trying to ‘RESUME’ a couple of times, only to have it freeze, I ended the mission.  My kills were registered, but I only received a score of 50 for not making it home.  Is this related to the issue described above?   Or related to me using time acceleration?

Edited by heloguy

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Pimax Crystal

VP Force Rhino w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus AH-64 Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v2

8 hours ago, Reflected said:

You only get 100 if you make it back or you’re rescued. You’ll find more details in the campaign documentation pdf

Thanks, I understand that.  I'm wondering if the fact that the sim's 3d world froze, but would still let me access the menu via the escape key is related to the bug mentioned in your previous post that the original poster was talking about.

Basically, is it worth continuing to play, or is this going to happen on every mission until the bug is fixed?

Edited by heloguy

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Pimax Crystal

VP Force Rhino w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus AH-64 Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v2

3 minutes ago, heloguy said:

Thanks, I understand that.  I'm wondering if the fact that the sim's 3d world froze, but would still let me access the menu via the escape key is related to the bug mentioned in your previous post that the original poster was talking about.

Basically, is it worth continuing to play, or is this going to happen on every mission until the bug is fixed?

No, the 'bug' is that the presence of German flak units gives people stutters. That's all.

You can manually downgrade DCS to an earlier version, as a in between solution until ED fixes it (if they ever fix it). I downgraded mine to 2.9.5* or 2.9.6* and the campaign runs beautifully again. I believe the update that introduced the launcher is the one that also broke it, and any version before that will run the campaign fine.
It seems that now the only way to run DCS properly is with the best and latest CPU/GPU combos - lots of people with not so uber computers are having stutter and freezing issues whenever a certain number of ground units are present. So either you play a very simplistic scenario with very few units, or you have a very powerful computer, or you downgrade to a previous version.

No, the 'bug' is that the presence of German flak units gives people stutters. That's all.

Is it the flak ground units? I read somewhere the new way AI was calculating navigation was also overloading the CPUs.

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

Got it, thanks.  Probably try without speeding up the time and see if it happens again.

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Pimax Crystal