Having issues after the update - No F10 Map, Custom GUI size not working, and Motion Blur is frozen

Onslott
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

Hello,

After updating last night, I've been having weird issues.

• When I logged in, there was no GUI. I use the following custom GUI window that worked previously without issues

GUI =
{
     x = 640;
     y = 0;
     width = 5120; --GUI box width
     height = 1440; --GUI box height
}

UIMainView = GUI

Commenting out the last line to revert back to default brought it back, but even if I do x=1, the GUI disappears.

• When I get into any map, in ME, MP, SP, there is no map in the F10 map. It opens, and the airfields and everything are there, but there is no background map.
  • Rear View Mirrors are screwed in all planes (attached). In the M2k its completely transparent for whatever reason.
  • When I load into a plane, Motion Blur freezes on the first frame (see video attached).

image.png

Edited by Onslott
  • Like 1

Same issue here. No F10 map. Initially I'd get a blue screen with no terrain, only airbase icons, flying aircraft icons as well as my plane. Then just nothing. Pressed the F10 key and nothing would come up.

17 minutes ago, rob10 said:

Short version is use MT as things are broken in ST.  If you're in MT repair (or verify if Steam)

How do you direct the launcher to run MT?

I'm not sure which one I'm in currently, but I did multiple full repairs and the issues all still persist.

2 minutes ago, Onslott said:

How do you direct the launcher to run MT?

I'm not sure which one I'm in currently, but I did multiple full repairs and the issues all still persist.

You can check if you're on MT at the bottom right of the main menu screen.  It will say Multi-thread preview before the version #.  Easiest way to make sure is to set a shortcut to launch the DCS.exe from the BIN-MT folder.  If you're in MT and seeing the issue I would post in the thread referenced above for your best chance of getting an answer.

What is MT?? How do I "switch" to it? I do Single player missions, not online. I have a DCS world instal not STEAM. Please help an "old timer"!

Thanks!

Edited by Edgehog
Had more to say!

1 hour ago, Edgehog said:

What is MT?? How do I "switch" to it? I do Single player missions, not online. I have a DCS world instal not STEAM. Please help an "old timer"!

Thanks!

MT = multi-threading.  It will say Multi-thread preview before the version # in the bottom right of the main menu screen.  Easiest way to get it is to set a shortcut to launch the DCS.exe from the BIN-MT folder (rather than the BIN folder).

I also have gui offset issue raised here (issue only happens in Single Thread (ST) mode)

I also have the f10 map issue shown here (issue only happens in Single Thread (ST) mode)

f10 map issue.png

issue goes away when i am actually using Multi Thread (MT) mode.

f10 map no issue with MT.png

Edited by del13r

I solved my own issue.
It was Steam launching DCS in ST even though I specifically set Steam to use MT.
Where I went wrong was that I created a desktop shortcut without realising that the desktop shortcut ignores the MT preference I set inside Steam.
I followed this guide and that fixed my issue.

• Like 1

I just tried it and still no F10 map. I am on MT. Do not know how to go to ST. Not only that, but now the F10 button does not show anything. Not even the blue screen with no terrain. 

I am posting my systems options too just in case someone finds something weird there. If someone can point me to how to try ST I will much appreciate.

Trying a repair now...

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.08.24 - 18.33.59.96.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.08.24 - 18.37.46.57.png

On 8/21/2024 at 10:24 PM, rob10 said:

Short version is use MT as things are broken in ST.  If you're in MT repair (or verify if Steam)

I'm on MT. Didn't work. Launched from the explorer, from bin-mt... nothing

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.08.24 - 18.33.59.96.png

Capture.JPG

On 8/27/2024 at 9:55 AM, Edgehog said:

Launched from the explorer, from bin-mt... nothing

Hi, I am not sure if this applies to you but, I am using DCS via steam and I have found that launching from the bin-mt folder does not make a difference when installed via steam.

For Steam installation, Instead, I had to modify my desktop shortcut to force MT mode.

steam://launch/223750/option1

Screenshot 2024-08-30 073831.png

On 8/25/2024 at 10:10 AM, Edgehog said:

the F10 button does not show anything. Not even the blue screen with no terrain. 

For this issue, have you checked your bindings?

view f10.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 1:47 AM, Edgehog said:

Checked the bindings. It is assigned in the keyboard. 

Now check DCS options > misc > F10 AWACS view.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  VPC CDT-VMAX  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria