Sensor and Data Link?

Kurtz

Ok ive got a question regarding slaving the shkval to datalink selection.

Once I locate a target or group of targets, I send them to memory, and rset my targeting system so I can forward to others. That part ive figured out. I have trouble though sometimes relocating the target ive sent to memory. The only clue being the flashing icon on my ABRIS if I reselect the target via Datalink.

1. How do I make the shkval camera slave to my datalink selection? so i can re-aquire with relative ease after saving targets to abris.

2. The issue ocurs for me if I send my wingman to recon ahead. He reports targets in which gives me the generally area on my abris, but I still have to search them out, rather than the shkval simply move to the selected target.

I watched the old sensor producer note which says the camera can be slave to a target selection entered into the PIV800, but can it slave directly to abris target selected with datalink?

thx :)

Yeah, it seems obvious that if the Skhval can designate a DL target then conversely, a selected DL target can slave the skhval. Unfortunately that is not the case, at least in my experience. (Only target points direct the Skhval.) It's pretty easy to find the DL'd target by watching the ABRIS cursor as you slew it over the target, occasionally designating (locking) to update the rangefinder.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Or, with your targeting system reset:

1) Press the button for the desired target type on the PRT Datalink panel.

2) Press any number button (not sure why this step is needed, but can't get to work without doing it).

3) Repeatedly press the target type button again until the desired target is flashing on the ABRIS.

4) Press the "DL" button on the PRT panel. It should light up (yellow).

5) Press the "Designate/Uncage Shkval" button.

The Shkval should turn on and slew to the selected data point.

[edit: You can also read CooperHawke's excellent summary below ;)]

Edited by EinsteinEP

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Reset Targeting Mode (Backspace), select the target via the Data Link, push "DL Ingres" on the Data Link, uncage Skhval (O), voila, the Skhval should be slaved to the selected target.

Edit: theres always someone whos faster :)

Edited by CooperHawkes

take me out to the black,

tell 'em i ain't coming back,

i don't care, i'm still free,

you can't take the sky from me.

...still waiting for the day when the military recruits their dronepilots out of a group of flightsimgamers...

Or, with your targeting system reset:

1) Press the button for the desired target type on the PRT Datalink panel.

2) Press any number button (not sure why this step is needed, but can't get to work without doing it).

3) Repeatedly press the target type button again until the desired target is flashing on the ABRIS.

4) Press the "DL" button on the PRT panel. It should light up (yellow).

5) Press the "Designate/Uncage Shkval" button.

The Shkval should turn on and slew to the selected data point.

There you go...you learn something new each day.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.