How to get TrackIR 5 working?

I just got my new Track IR 5 and can't wait to get it going in Black Shark but I can't figure out how to get it working in the game. :(

I'm using the V5 beta TrackIR software and everything seems to work well there although I can't seem to load the Black Shark profile in the 'Titles' column (see pic).

In Black Shark I can only change views using POV 1 on my X52 Pro (see other pic).

I think there's something basic that I'm not understanding but with the game, the joystick and TrackIR, there are too many variables for my humble brain.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Windows XP

2055379241_Profilepic.jpg.9f556e1494a4a094ff6681015273908c.jpg

76198193_BlackShark.thumb.jpg.445f1bcf62ffe42d3f7fdd8064638201.jpg

When you start the game Black Shark (Title column), TrackIr should load whatever profile you have attached to the game (under the Profile column)

You need to create a Black Shark profile (one doesn't come with TrackIr)-hit 'create new profile' (the plus button on main screen). Make sure you have a deadzone so that the camera doesn't shake with the slightest movement.

Then across from the Black Shark title colum, under profiles you will have the ability to load your new profile(s).

Keep playing with it, you'll get it. I had the same issues, and am having trouble explaining it as well...

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

Thanks for that. I managed to create a new BS profile and load it. I've got three coloured lights at bottom right of the trackIR panel which means that the TrackIR is detecting the TIR-enhanced game. There seems to be nothing wrong with the TrackIR side of things. I think my problem is with the game....er...I mean simulation.

In the BS axis controls window it shows TrackIR as absolute camera views (see pic), but the TrackIR doesn't do anything once I'm flying. I tried clearing the POV views in the control tab but that didn't do anything except make it harder to look around.

It works fine in FSX and LOMAC.

Anyone using TrackIR 5 successfully in Black Shark, - does your axis control window look anything like mine? :noexpression:

Axes.jpg.fb20fee05f7628befc052c5793390460.jpg

Edited by Scupper

TIR5 works perfect for me in BS, I am busy atm and cant look to see if my options are the same as yours, but if you havent touched them and everythign is set to its defaults except your joystick axis assignments then mines will probably be the same as yours.

Before you start blackshark, load the profile in the tir software, once you load it, does the profile work in the tir software ?

And if it does, does both greenlights on the side of the trackir camera light up when blackshark startsup ?

Are you using DCSMax ? I found that DCSMax and vista was causing my tir to have major problems and sometimes tir just would not load with the game and the times that it did it would go haywire, so if your using dcsmax, dont use it just now and just manually load tir5 software and then start blackshark and see if it works that way.

if it does, then it narrows down the problem and I can offer a fix because its what I did to get trackir/dcmax/blackshark to work without any problems on vista 64

You shouldn't have to fiddle with axes. If TIR works in its native software, it should work in-game. Have you tried hitting Esc twice when you get in the cockpit? This frees up mouselook views. Just a stab in the dark.

I never saw TrackIr in my Black Shark control options at all. Maybe clear that whole column.

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

Just reinstalled BS on my system drive (it was on the D drive before) and now tir is working beautifully.

Not sure if the drive was causing the problem or if I somehow corrupted the control configuration, but the control settings page of the game still looks the same.

Many, many thanks for your suggestions. Now when I pancake into the ground because I descended too fast I'll be able to admire the scenery on the way down.:lol:

Does anyone have a trackIR 5 profile that works well with triple screens? I'm having a hell of a time getting a profile that works well in the cockpit without the view freaking out on me. Spinning to the back, jumping around)

Did a search and couldn't find anything that was specific for TIR5 and 3 screens so I'm posting this here.

Thank you.

The biggest problem is that when looking down the view spins around as if I were looking backwards/behind me. This seems to happen at any time with no extra movement by me, other than to look down. Looking up strangely does not have this problem. This happens in both the TIR software and DCS. I have rectified this problem to some degree (enough to be able to actually look around the cockpit now) by increasing the speed setting although it's now a bit too fast for me.

The other problem is that the range of motion to my left is quite small compared to my right. I'm assuming this is because the track clip is attached to the left side of the headset and thus moves out of detection range quicker than to the right. If that is the case I may just use the default clip as positioned in the middle it may provide a more symetrical range of motion.

Do you have the trackir device clipped to the left hand side of your monitor ? It isnt meant to be in the centre of your monitor if using the track clip pro.

It is only meant to be in the centre if using the metal frame thing you use with hats, but if your using the track clip pro then the trackir device should be on the left hand side of your monitor as you are looking at it.

Edited by bumfire
  • Like 1

Do you have the trackir device clipped to the left hand side of your monitor ? It isnt meant to be in the centre of your monitor if using the track clip pro.

That's my problem! Must have missed that somewhere in the instructions :doh:

I've also aligned the LEDs into the center, they were previously very far to the left. Tracking range and stability is much improved.

Thanks Vince and bumfire...:megalol:

• Like 1

Hmm I have just lost TIR4 control in Blackshark. It was working pergectly last night but tonight it won't work at all. My setup page in BS is now blank too as in the pic in the OP.

Mouse and joystick views work perfectly just no TIR4. :(

EDIT: Fixed. I uninstalled Naturalpoint software and reinstalled and it seems ok again now.

Edited by AussieFX