Sorry - Another trim question ? My chopper is wild !

Conuk

thanks for the updates fellas... will try these settings as soon as our new little 4 month old baby will let me get back to Black Shark!

The KA-50 is a single seater, but Im quite sure you can have him/her on the lap while you fly - or maybe he/she could learn hold the collective for you so you would have to press F all the time. ;)

And a big Congratulations of course! :thumbup:

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

ok ok ive watched the trim video.... and the track files.... (flying into the hangar is soooooo cool!)

alas my flight experience is really very very cagey.

I have bought a cougar - perhaps the wrong stick for DCS but never the less its what I got... I have no pedals (although I have a G25 sat here....) and trackir 3 pro.....

now I gotta admit that I really cannot even make basic flight very well.

I load up the basic flight training and hit escape and take over the cotrols.

I have CTRL enter pressed so I can see what my stick is doing..... I can vertical take off and fly ... sort of.... my problem is the trimming I think or the way the autopilots are on.

Some questions if I may.

1) Is there a way to dampen the cougars / game sensitivity ... I mean a small push or pull on the cougar and the choppper nose dives... rolls to the left slightly ... and is just so twitchy.... This aint a dig at DCS I KNOW its me but im not sure whether I have the cougar setup correctly or theres some function of the helicopter enabled that shouldnt be.

Is creating an empty mission myself any different (settings wise) to `taking over` from the training tracks...

2) the trim.... I understand what it does... but I take off pitch forward ...say 10d and trim.... I make a slight bank to the left or right etc.... adjust slightly with the collective.... and again just a small turn of the dial on the throttle seems to send me heading for the deck or up into the heavens. After trying to slow down and hover say I find the helicopter just wanting to spin round.

Im making small adjustments on the stick an not trying to fight the helicopter but finding it really frustrating.... the training tracks just look so easy hence why Im not sure whether ive selected or should be deselecting some autopilot function.

3) sorry last one.... Ive just read a post `keep trim pressed while making any kind of manouver and let go after executing turn/bank etc.... ?!?! What! I thought I just hit the trim once and trim again when I need to ???? should it be held in ? is that where Im going wrong?

Sorry for the long post ... but really need some basic help. Im going to buy the printed manual when amazon uk stock it but in the meantime anybody whos mastered the shark wanna help me out Id appreciate it.

Hey,

I know how you feel! I have same problem with trim also with my attack 3 being to sensitive.

Trim, I'm slowly experimenting and im slowly getting used to it. My ka50 goes nuts when i don't touch my stick, so what i do i try and straighten it up and while its straight i press trim button and release it when its fully straighten up, and it seems to do the job, i have to do it often but apparently thats how it suppose to be done.

Regarding your stick being to sensitive i had some problem i solved it by going to options/controls and then when you click AXIS X and tune you can change settings a bit, i made mine have death thing of 20 and the curve thing (i think the last options) being 20 as well. It makes the like a curve a bit and it makes the stick way easier to operate. Make sure you do it for AXIS X and Y.

Maybe someone can tell me how I enter the mode that you are in when you do training. ie. when you have free look AND you can click as well. I can use LALT+C to look around with my mouse, but i have to press it again in order for me to click the buttons inside the cockpit. Any ideas?

Well I changed the settings for the cougar - much better.

Enabled the fd button - voila it seems a much tamer beast.... Still haven't spent more than couple of hours but I can now take off and land ok (on the roof of a building - joyriding!)

Still shakey but a lot better than I was.

Now to sort out the trackir (pro 3 with vector) - again way too sensitive at default. Does this need to be changed via the trackir software or via dcs options?

I must admit I'm still struggling rudder wise..... Anybody manage to use the G25 pedals well or am I going to have to invest in some more pedals!?

Thanks for the help so far fellas.

• 1 month later...
Well I changed the settings for the cougar - much better.

Enabled the fd button - voila it seems a much tamer beast.... Still haven't spent more than couple of hours but I can now take off and land ok (on the roof of a building - joyriding!)

Still shakey but a lot better than I was.

Now to sort out the trackir (pro 3 with vector) - again way too sensitive at default. Does this need to be changed via the trackir software or via dcs options?

I must admit I'm still struggling rudder wise..... Anybody manage to use the G25 pedals well or am I going to have to invest in some more pedals!?

Thanks for the help so far fellas.

The TrackIR will need to be chnaged in the TRI software, not DCS. Adjust the curves to get more or less sensitivity.

P45 Platinum, Q9550 @ 3.33Ghz, HD6970 w/2gb, X-Fi Titanium PCIE, 4gb RAM, ANTEC 1000watt PSU, Lian Li PC-A71 case, Win7 64bit, CH Throttle and Fighterstick, Saitek Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro, 3 x Samsung SyncMaster 2443