Datalink ingress point

Lee

Hi

I have a few questions regarding the data link. Hopefully someone can help me.

I've been trying to wrap my head around the data link and implementing it in my missions.

I wonder if there is a way to "erase" the target and ingress information sent to a wingman after he has executed an attack data link point command.

My problem is my wingman keeps remembering the ingress point I first gave him so whenever I give him new targets to attack he flies to that initial ingress point and THEN attacks the new targets. That is alright, but sometimes it brings him across the battlefield and I dont want to keep giving him new ingress points keeping him out of trouble just because I gave him one for the first attack.

So what I want to know, is there a way to clear data link targets which were previously given to him. Give him a clean slate so to speak so any previous datalink points don't clutter up what I want him to do. Clear only seems to clear data link targets on my abris not on his or am i wrong?

Hope you guys understand what I'm talking about! :huh:

regards

Lee :joystick:

Edited by Lee

[sIGPIC]flash.gif[/sIGPIC]

I realy wish I culd help you but you are dealing with AI. I would normaly just say over the raido clear last IP and the guys I fly with clear it and we move on. That is the troble with flying singelplayer.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

you don't have to erase the ingress! make sure that u select the second or third ingress point using the data link panal. if u want the AI wingman to go to the second ingress point push the ingress point button twice to make him go to the second point then send the data to him. better yet use the pvi 800 to make him go to the second ingress point. push the ingress point button and select the 2 for the second and 3 for the third. push the wingman want and save the memory then use the data link to send him to that point.don't for get to reset the shkval to save to memory.

Edited by Bee_Sting

^^^^^

This is fine if you want to keep giving him ingress points, but lets say that you want him to engage a new set of targets directly ahead, can you make him engage without using ingress points all together? I would like to know myself for quriosity purposes.... (I havent been using it myself, so I wouldnt know...)

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

^^^^^

This is fine if you want to keep giving him ingress points, but lets say that you want him to engage a new set of targets directly ahead, can you make him engage without using ingress points all together? I would like to know myself for quriosity purposes.... (I havent been using it myself, so I wouldnt know...)

Exactly my problem! :joystick:

Yes, he then travels to the ingress point again and then engages the target...

EDIT: oh, sorry I misread. If I designate with the shkval and tell him to attack my target he goes straight for it.