Cyclic Controls with No Hyraulics

26-J39

Hello KA50 nut bags :),

I have a question, i thought the hydraulic pumps on the KA50 are powered by the main turbines? I don't understand how the KA50 continues to fly ok when the main and common hyrdo systems are shut down... Just did a quik mission from 2500metrs alt, did the auto shut down at alt ( Win-End Keys).. i managed to auto rotate without any issues and with good hydraulic pressures... Both main and common system pressures were still good after i landed at the airport ... Is there some sort of "pressure backup system" which lasts "x" amount of time when pumps are lost.??? :music_whistling: Thx for reading Any info appreciated... Cheers :thumbup:

Did you lose pressure in the hydraulic accumulators? They would be a "pressure backup system" that is present in about 98% of all industrial and military hydraulic systems. ;)

EDIT: Good point, sobek.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The hydraulic pumps are connected to the accessory drive which is driven by the main rotor gearbox, not the turbines.

^ exactly

"The main system‟s pump is mounted on the left accessory gearbox of the main gearbox, and it operates when the rotors are driven by the engines and also when in autorotation. The common system‟s pump is mounted on the aft accessory gearbox of the main gearbox, and it operates when the rotors are turning or when the APU is on."

DCS-BlackShark manual, 13–23

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD