PVI-800 Master Mode- Sim

26-J39

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to find more information about the PVI-800 master mode selector switch specifically in regards to the "Sim" mode. The manual states:

“ИМП” = Simulated flight. This mode will simulate the entered flight plan with a simulated ground speed of 1,000 km/h. This can be used to check all bearings, ranges, tracks, and other data prior to flight.
I can't seem to get any results from trying to use this mode. Is this an actual functioning mode in the sim? Thanks for any help in advance.. Cheers

btw: apologies to Moderators- should have posted this in previous PVI thread :doh:

Edited by 26-J39

I tried to use it in flight through an Instant Action mission and it behaved exactly like the OPER mode with no visible difference between them. The ETA was based on my current groundspeed not 1000kts.

To me it sounds like it's supposed to "chug through the route" as you watch the self coords, bearings, ranges, HSI needle, etc dance around very fast as the route is traced out even before you leave the ground.

Thx for ur input Frederf,

To me it sounds like it's supposed to "chug through the route" as you watch the self coords, bearings, ranges, HSI needle, etc dance around very fast as the route is traced out even before you leave the ground.

Yes this is what i assume from the text in the manual also... Anyone? Bueller

?

I also tried and could not get it to work. Frederf, I agree, I have played with real-world navigation systems that have that function, to run through a flight plan while on the ground to check for problems.

Either it is not simulated, or it takes more than turning the knob to SIM.