BS performance and "Hidden"/"Invisible" Units

xracer

I was wondering how "hidden" and "invisible" Units induvidially affect performance in BS compared to when they are in their oppsite states. I guess maybe this is a question directed to ED developers or users which have done research on this. Anyway hope anyone can tell if they know what they talk about.

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

only when units 'spawn in' do they cause any fps changes..

:music_whistling:

and only if many units spawn in,, or a large amount of units at one time..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

It is worth noting that ground units set to be hidden (or rather NOT set to be "visible before start") do have an impact on the game. Vehicles that are in game will navigate around positions of hidden units, just as they do around unhidden and live units. So even though they are not visible, the are already affecting the calculations of the mission. How big of an impact they have I can not say exactly, but it seems to be quite small.

I have the impression that pure number of ground units has a rather small impact on fps. DCS seems to handel them pretty well. What will be noticable is spawing a lot of them at the same time and having a lot of them shooting at the same time.

Ok thanks for the help! I will try out a little to see what happens

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]