FC2 Need help with X45 Setup

Adder667th

GUI Controller input does not recognise X45 Mode switch.

Im trying to setup a profile for the SU-25 in the GUI, i have read about the key modifiers and switches and most controls i set are working ok. The problem is the GUI wont recognise the mode switch on my X45 throttle as a switch/key at all. For example, usually in FC 1.1 my left engine start (r.alt hm) & right engine start (r.ctrl hm) are assigned to my stick buttons 1 & 2, but only in mode 2, which is my NAV mode. Now with FC2 the mode switch is not recognised so this input will occur in every mode i.e AA AG and NAV.

Also i need confirmation about the saitek profile editor, from what i have read in the forums re FC2, i do not have to use this anymore when making profiles, i should be able to assign a profile for each A/C in the GUI, is this correct?

Any Ideas?

Cheers Adder.

Edited by Adder667th

Intel core2 E6600 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800gts 500mb. Saitek X45.

It's a while ago i had a X45 but i belive you safe much time, when u use the saitek software for the main profile programming (since u need to profile each plane individualy ingame otherwise). Using ctrl or alt button can become tricky with saitek so u might need to relocate some "combined" imputs to a free single button to get it work properly. Also try to use "advanced key combination" instead of only "key combination" in Saitek. :thumbup:

From what I understand, you can use the in-game configuration and not use the SST software, however I don't believe there is a way to get the game to recognize the different mode buttons. It would be nice if there was a way for it to see button A as A1 in mode one A2 in mode 2 etc.

I currently use an x45 and since I do have the same button doing different things in different modes, I've stuck with the SST software for now. I started creating different SST profiles for each aircraft, but thought this would be a pain and reverted to using one profile generic enough for all of them.

In game controls menu you must set which button (pickle) is for combining. I found it easier (faster) to clear ingame joystick settings and set up buttons with Saitek profiler. But it works both way. With in game settings you have to set up each plane, but in the long run it's the best choice. When I'll try all planes I'll begin to build ingame joystick profile.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro