BS targeting shkval

ycodryn

* I have a newbie question and is about Shkval targeting system. This system is meant to automate find a target when is on automate scan? I mean I`m pressing once "o" for example to uncage shkval and second time to go in scan mode right? But when I`m testing this in shooing range and is in scan mode, shkval is just passing among targets and doesn`t do anything beside moving from left to right and and reverse. I`m doing something wrong? (automate turning to target/moving target/shkval scan rate 1.0 are checked)

* And hypothetically speaking if a SAM is hiding in forest how can I see that beside when system is alerting me that a rocket is flying toward me ?

* By the way this game is first one who really worth the money. I really like it. In the future I want to take some lessons for a real helicopter (I`m addicted to heli) and I think that playing with this one is a step closer to knows the bases and how a real heli can behave. Do you have any plans in the future to make another heli simulator?

Edited by ycodryn

Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0 with Intel Core i7 2600K SandyBridge 4500 MHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC , 16GB DDR3, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Logitech G13 Gamepad, TrackIr 5, Windows 8.1 x64 Professional

* I have a newbie question and is about Shkval targeting system. This system is meant to automate find a target when is on automate scan? I mean I`m pressing once "o" for example to uncage shkval and second time to go in scan mode right? But when I`m testing this in shooing range and is in scan mode, shkval is just passing among targets and doesn`t do anything beside moving from left to right and and reverse. I`m doing something wrong? (automate turning to target/moving target/shkval scan rate 1.0 are checked)

This is a common misunderstanding, it does not lock itself.

the scan function is there so that you don't have to constantly slew the skhval back and forth manually if you want to look in front of you when you are for example flying forwards.

* And hypothetically speaking if a SAM is hiding in forest how can I see that beside when system is alerting me that a rocket is flying toward me ?

You cant and if the SAM is IR or Radar guided you won't get a warning either (unless you play with radio assistance on)

* By the way this game is first one who really worth the money. I really like it. In the future I want to take some lessons for a real helicopter (I`m addicted to heli) and I think that playing with this one is a step closer to knows the bases and how a real heli can behave. Do you have any plans in the future to make another heli simulator?

There was a list somewhere posted by wags mentioning the possibility of an AH-64a Apache.

*snapped by by Cp!*

Hi there,

- No, the Shkval is not capable of auto target acquisition... the scan mode will simply pan the shkval camera left to right (at a rate that can be set faster or slower) in order to allow the pilot hands off scanning. The pilot must still manually slew the shkval to any potential target.

Once the pilot has locked the shkval to a target however, it will then remain locked (by using a system of contrast discrimination with a visible light camera) unless the cameras limits are exceeded.

Automatic turn to target will work if a target is locked in the Shkval and the Auto assistant channels are enabled and flight director mode is off.

- If you cannot see the SAM, then it is very hard to lock it with the shkval, as it is a tv / visible light system, and what you see is what it see's!

However, if you can judge where the SAM is without seeing it (perhaps from a missile trail you saw earlier and evaded), you can point and range the targeting system , and set manual mode for weapons release. If you are within 8 km's, and remain perfectly locked onto the target area (ie do not move the heli, or make sure to compensate for any movement by reverse slewing the shkval), you can launch the vhikr "blind"

- its totally awesome, I fully agree..

yes, ED have (very loose!) plans to add additional Helo's to the game... so far on "the list" are the AH64a (Apache), and the Mi24 (Hind) ... there is some preliminary cockpit work in progress screen shots around the place if you search..pretty exciting stuff!

Edited by nemises

* Thank you for replays guys. I`m ok now when I know that I am not doing something wrong.

* Hehe I can`t wait to fly an Apache :)

* By the way when I said that thing about racket warning, I`m not playing with radio assist, I have only simulator options turned on but within 5 seconds before being hit I`m getting a message with a warning that I`m being attacked. Strange but I think I have read in book that you are being warned when someone gets you in IR. I think I have to read it again.

Edited by ycodryn

Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0 with Intel Core i7 2600K SandyBridge 4500 MHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC , 16GB DDR3, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Logitech G13 Gamepad, TrackIr 5, Windows 8.1 x64 Professional

not IR, the only warning you get is from the Laser Warning system (top left of cockpit, the 4 red lights).

Several of the AA systems in the game, and / or vehicles in the game use LAsers to range you and assist with targeting, or even weapons guidance (just like your own weapon systems!)... AAA, BMP's, mainline tanks and other Helicopters to name a few.

If you get a "Warning, Under Attack!" message from the Ekran (voice message system), look to the top left og the cockpit, you will see 1 or more of the red lights are lit...this indicates the direction that the laser energy is beein emmited from...it usually indicates something is targetting you, and may also mean a missile is on the way....

Some systems will only use laser energy to range you, and then launch non laser guided weps at you (Tanks main gun, or AAA shells), either way though, if you get that warning, react FAST ... determine what direction it is coming from, and move away from it ASAP.

When you 'move away' from an En loc / Tgt's that are lasing you, move at 90 degrees in relation to the direction of the main threat. Increase speed to over 200kmh and pop some flares and you're pretty much safe 'ish....providing you don't fly directly into a flanking unit or units!

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Thank you for info.

What Tyger said is correct but for fast movers like airplanes. For helicopters evasive tactics should be different. Look in attached document.

Helo_SimTecT2004.pdf

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Nice info there about evasing manoeuvres. I bet that a fighter pilot is more relaxed than a helicopter one when a missle is coming towards his ass.

Nice info there about evasing manoeuvres. I bet that a fighter pilot is more relaxed than a helicopter one when a missle is coming towards his ass.

Ymmm... not really. When I hear "archer inbound" i sh*t in my pants... almost.

We in clan, are testing recently effectiveness of Roland and Hawk batteries, and I must say, that these are scary as well. For now, the only way to "outrun" these missiles I've found 100% effective is to hide behind obstacle as soon, as I'll notice that missile is on my way. Other methods are about 50% effective.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.