LOFC 2.0 ATC Mod

dooom

I have seen some discussion and even some screens lately regarding an ATC mod for Lockon.... I am very interested in this as it represents a unique server role for squadmates interested in playing a new kind of role for the flyboys.

I have a few questions though:

1. Is this the most recent mod available: http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=24 and is it FC2.0 compatible? I searched for ATC mod in the forums and the most recent i found was a 2008 thread.

2. Is it installed on a mp server allowing some squadmates to be online flying jets whilst another is monitoring the AWAC/ATC screen?

3. Does anyone have experience with this in terms of gameplay and installation?

Thanks for any help

:)

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

We have been using this ATC client on the Lowland Tiger Meet for three years now, and it works like a charm with LOFC 1.12.

During the last event, we used it during the SEAD and BVR Night missions, which made those missions a kind of chess game between both radar operators (red vs blue), with the pilots being the chess pieces, moving where the radar operator wanted them to be.

We also use the ATC Client for the referee to have a complete birds-eye view of what's going on in the mission, and to determine which team has air superiority in the end.

To answer your questions:

1. Version 1.44 is the most recent version, but it is highly recommended that you download the previous version (1.41) because 1.44 has more bugs.

We haven't tested the ATC Client yet with FC 2.0, so I don't know if it is (or can be made) compatible or not.

2. To use the ATC Client, you need to install it on the server and clients.

On the server, start the ATC Server before you start lockon.

The clients don't need to start lockon, they just start the ATC Client.

3. See above ;)

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

thanks Joe!

One other Q... would it work for a direct IP to IP multiplay set up?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL