Fuel Meter and Voice Message Test

Very impressed with the Ka-50 manual. I got it just the other day. The quality of the instruction and binding itself is excellent.

I was going through the Preparation for Start-up section.

First of all, on testing the Voice Message Unit (back panel), there is no message heard. Just text at the top of the screen saying 'Voice message system okay' (or words to that affect).

Secondly, I turned all the switches back to their start position to run through the procedure again. I noticed when flicking the fuel gauge power to the off position, the needles on the gauge stay where they are. Not sure if this one's a bug or not.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Nadia/Betty voice test works fine. If you don't have the SPU-9 on you will see the subtitle but not hear the audio. If you've got everything as it should be the voice comes through.

Not sure about the fuel gauge though. Could be a good find depending how it works.

I had the same thing today. The Intercom needs to bee turned on for you to hear the message. Maybe this fixes your problem.

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark 2

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark Advanced Checklist

DCS - A-10C Warthog Advanced Interactive Excel Checklist

Okay, so if the intercom's not on, and I don't hear the message, why am I seeing the text/subtitle?

Well I noticed the same thing yesterday. After a Recovery after being shot to pieces by a missile. That the voice message sound is gone, and also the tower/maintenance sound. You do see the message on the top of the screen but no sound file is being played.

I guess we have found ourselfs a bug in the system.

Maybe someone from the crew can reply on this if this is a known problem.

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark 2

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark Advanced Checklist

DCS - A-10C Warthog Advanced Interactive Excel Checklist