A-10C DVD vs Download

Speedbrake

I'm hoping that when A-10C is first released it will be released on DVD fairly quickly like Ka-50. Is this planned to be the case?

Also I saw the thread on training with the interactive capability and am hoping that all the training "missions" will be on the DVD and not be huge multi-gig downloads. Is this too much to ask for?

One last question....(for now) after playing with the mission editor a while, will the A-10C sim allow target diamonds to be set up without having to have a wingman present like in FC v2.0? This capability was much better in FC v1.xx!

Thanks!

As I understand it the diamond is meant to be a laser designated target detected via Pavepenny. So the diamond should be implemented, but not like it was in FC. This time it should be implemented as it works in the real thing. FAC will call laser on and it will pop up on the HUD.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Theres a book called Apache Dawn about the British Apaches in Afghanistan. It doesnt get into a lot of detail, but it seems the laser designator actually uses a frequency style arrangement for synching. When calling in Airstrikes the FAC on the ground would normally pass a code that was keyed into the Apache to allow the Hellfire to designate. I dont have proof but I suspect its a similar arrangement with the A-10 where there is a whole process of obtaining a designator code and keying it in to the system to pick up the diamond.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Yep- otherwise you would not be able to designate more than more target in an AO at a time.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

One can only hope we will get this in the final product, it would be awesome to have the AI prompting you with the laser code for a precision strike.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

The above HUD symbology refers to the A-10A, and i'm not sure if the procedure in LO comes close to reality.

Things are different in the A-10C, however.

I'd strongly suggest waiting for the corresponding producer's note instead of bumping the walls in the dark. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Actually listening to the SIMHQ interview from E3 it sounds like they have a pretty good JTAC implemented.

cw1.png