Save settings?

aairon

Hello I've had situations where I had to uninstall and reinstall the Sim and have tried saving the control settings by saving the xxxx.lua that is created while saving the settings in game and then pasting that file back in where it belongs. it seems to have only saved the settings for my primary joy stick. do I have to save each device I have connected as a separate file? also does anyone know what file I need to save in order to save all off line mission and campaign progress? I did several searches here but couldn't find any clues. If you can point me to the proper search term I need to use I am more then happy to go find it and read for myself. Thank you in advance for your input.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

do I have to save each device I have connected as a separate file?

Yes, every column have to be saved in a separate file.

also does anyone know what file I need to save in order to save all off line mission and campaign progress?

It is not possible to save the progress of a SP mission.

The only way to start from that point you finished last time playing, is to load the trackfile (.trk) and get control at the point you want to go on.

Since this was the Main focus of my question.

Hello I've had situations where I had to uninstall and reinstall the Sim and have tried saving the control settings by saving the xxxx.lua that is created while saving the settings in game and then pasting that file back in where it belongs. it seems to have only saved the settings for my primary joy stick. do I have to save each device I have connected as a separate file?

I thought it would be proper to follow up with my findings, since I seem to be the only one on these forums who found the answer!

YES the settings for each connected device need to be saved to their own files.

Simply saving the settings from one joystick will not allow you to reload all of the settings for all connected devices.

You need to create a profile for each device, and then save them to another place, if you are going to uninstall and reinstall.:smilewink:

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

• 4 weeks later...

With Windows 7 x64, I found my saved column profile on:

C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark\<mycolumn>.lua

You can copy and paste on:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark

(you must backup it)

And load profile in:

options > control > <select the column profile with a click of mouse on it> > load profile > <mycolumn>.lua

(you can't find your .lua file if you don't copy and paste in the second folder from the first folder)

I'm also on the verge of uninstalling and reinstalling on a different drive. Isn't there an option in the uninstall wizard like "don't remove my profile settings and saves"?

Is there a complete list on all files/settings you should backup before uninstalling?

Checkout the method I posted here:

One tip for people with a lot of changes in their 1.0.1 installation: Make use of a merge tool such as http://winmerge.org/ or better, but not freeware: Beyond Compare.

This is what I did:

1. Make a folder Backup at the level of your top blackshark folder;
  2. Move the whole installation to the Backup folder;
  3. Install the clean 1.0;
  4. Apply the 1.0.1 patch to this installation;
  5. Move this into something like "Compare";
  6. Now do a folder compare (using the mergetool of your choice) on the clean 1.0.1 in Compare and your own edited version. You'll easily find all the changes which need to be applied to your final version;
  7. Now again do a clean 1.0 install;
  8. Apply patch 1.0.2;
  9. Apply the changes you found using the folder compare per file using Notepad++.

Done! And you're sure you got everything without destroying the new settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator