patch 1.0.2 disables nvg

bigdog4215

Just make sure you allways have a bottle of Vodka or a handful $$$ in your pit.

If the NVGs are not working, just give a little present to the ground crew.

I am sure this will help ;)

Seriously, my NVGs are still working after patch 1.0.2.

DCS Rafale - please :thumbup:

I figured out why my nvg's weren't working.I did a fresh install of the regular version and they worked fine but after I installed 1.0.2 they didn't work.Does anybody have any advice

Maybe you forgot to request NVG from the ground crew ?

...well someone has to move the mud!!!

You posted a track before didn't you?

And someone else commented in playing (and taking control of that track) that the NVGs were already installed and available immediately (defacto night mission configuration)?

That being the case, I'm suspecting the night vision goggles are actually 'there' and you have some graphic condition preventing their display, since other than the light diffusing overlay on the screen you'd otherwise not know they were active (no other visual indicators bar the switch itself).

I've used NVG in 1.0.2 fine when playing online, haven't tried single player, in a mission that just took so darn long that it went from day to night so on my refuel/rearm run I also switched helmets, and that was working fine. However in your situation, I'd look for errors in the black shark \temp folder log files, looking for other graphics driver versions to use if you can get your hands on them, and your graphics settings to see if you can reset to defaults if you've been playing at all with the its 3d display settings.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I reinstalled the drivers and deleted everything in the temp folder and nothing.This was something I found in the temp/error folder but don't have clue what it means.

CreatePixelShader("Bazar\Effects\PostMotionEffect\NightVisionGoogle\nv_p.dat"), D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

I reinstalled the drivers and deleted everything in the temp folder and nothing.This was something I found in the temp/error folder but don't have clue what it means.

CreatePixelShader("Bazar\Effects\PostMotionEffect\NightVisionGoogle\nv_p.dat"), D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

Not sure it will help but attached is my nv_p.dat for you to try.

Nate

nv_p.zip

Using this program: http://download.cnet.com/MD5summer/3000-2248_4-10050856.html

Check the MD5 sum of your 1.0.2 patch

Here is my MD5 sum: fe95f4deb4cc7da10e2ce623192acb7a

If they are not matched then your patch is the problem as my NVG works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Antec DF-85 Case, Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, air-cooled with Noctua NH-D14,

Corsair Vengeance 16GB, EVGA GTX 560 TI, Corsair Professional Series 750W, Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium HD, ASUS EA-N66 Wireless Adapter

If re-installing the latest graphics drivers didn't help, you could try re-installing DirectX 9.0c (specifically the 'c' version).

This is the only version from when PixelShader version 3.0 came into effect.

If it still doesn't work, it may be that your card doesn't support this combination fully.

Refer to the Hardware chart against the PS 3.0 / D3D 9.0c row, compared to the row that your graphics card vendor/model exists in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_shader

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

You can also go back to 1.0.1's versions of these files which used PixelShader version 1.1 instead.

I just tried it out to make sure it wouldn't just completely freak out, and it works, albeit not as it should / used to. I'll update with screenshots added in a bit once I've re-processed their sizes to demonstrate, but the files would be changed to have their contents completely replaced with this:

nv_p.dat:

ps.1.1
tex t0 ;main
tex t1 ;noise
tex t2 ;main mask
tex t3 ;display mask
dp3_x2 r0, t0, c3
dp3 r0, r0, c0
mul r1, t1, r0
add r0, r1, r0
add r0, r0, c4
mul r0, r0, t2
mul r1, t0, t3
add r0, r0, r1
;mov r0, t0

nv_v.dat:

vs.1.1
dcl_position v0
dcl_texcoord v7
def c7, 1.0, 4.0, 8.0, 12.0
mov r1, v7
mul r1, r1, c7.w
mov oT0, v7
add oT1.x, r1.x, c5.x
mov oT1.y, r1.y
mov oT2, v7
mov oT3, v7

mov oPos, v0

This is essentially a change to the 'code' and as such, carries some risk. It may not work, it may crash and die horribly, and it certainly hasn't undergone anything of a real test and wouldn't be supported by ED.

However if you do have a graphics card limitation as a result of the patch, maybe it will help tide you over until you can upgrade.

Good luck.

P.s. The right-side of each image is using the unsupported retro-hack. Obviously not preferred to use unless absolutely necessary, and at the least should be able to help prove where your issues are.

retro_nvg_1.jpg.6f8e8608e50f819d0ecac73e2a4c3a53.jpg

retro_nvg_2.jpg.8cf6072bd5a8c3af1ac5650ab3240c3f.jpg

Edited by topdog
now with before/after shots
  • Like 1

By the way, I did some digging around of your posts, and I think this settles it:

ms windows xp sp3

intel pentium 4 cpu

3.00ghz

2.0gb ram

ati radeon x300/x550/x1050 series

Thats what it showed in ccleaner,I know its farily old and not for gaming but is there anything I can upgrade to improve gameplay.

On the chart I mentioned before, that only covers up to PixelShader version 2.0.

So until you do upgrade your graphics, try my retro-hack in the previous post; I'm sorry I have no idea how to turn the greyscale back into a greenscale though, or fixing other anomalies it may display.

By the way, I did some digging around of your posts, and I think this settles it:

On the chart I mentioned before, that only covers up to PixelShader version 2.0.

So until you do upgrade your graphics, try my retro-hack in the previous post; I'm sorry I have no idea how to turn the greyscale back into a greenscale though, or fixing other anomalies it may display.

If you were to upload those files,could I just replace mine with those.

You probably have them already anyway, they're in the ka-50\backup folder under the same bazar\effects\postmotioneffect\nightvisiongoogle path as the new ones are. Replace the new ones with the backups.

I'll attach them here too, that's no problem.

nvg_retro-hack.zip

Well spotted Topdog, I'd have never have thought to check PS versions.

Nate

bigdog4215's capturing of the error message before clearing out the temp folder was key. I don't know a good deal about about D3D programming but I took a guess that the error message meant it had bumped into something advanced it didn't know about.

Thanks guys,I appreciate all the help

No problem, would be good if you can confirm if it works for you or not, as I'm sure you won't be the only one that finds themselves affected by it.

To its credit, BlackShark doesn't just flip out and crash to desktop when this problem occurs but gracefully carries on, and on the other hand, a change in API version requirements would now mean that graphics cards that previously just had the sufficient raw power to play the game may now lack on the features front (this would probably become even more apparent by DCS:A-10C too, as I'm sure the lighting improvements I saw in the videos are going to mean the use of more modern shader tech).

Not everyone affected by this in blackshark may even know it yet though, as night missions are generally few and far between.

bigdog4215's capturing of the error message before clearing out the temp folder was key. I don't know a good deal about about D3D programming but I took a guess that the error message meant it had bumped into something advanced it didn't know about.

No problem, would be good if you can confirm if it works for you or not, as I'm sure you won't be the only one that finds themselves affected by it.

To its credit, BlackShark doesn't just flip out and crash to desktop when this problem occurs but gracefully carries on, and on the other hand, a change in API version requirements would now mean that graphics cards that previously just had the sufficient raw power to play the game may now lack on the features front (this would probably become even more apparent by DCS:A-10C too, as I'm sure the lighting improvements I saw in the videos are going to mean the use of more modern shader tech).

Not everyone affected by this in blackshark may even know it yet though, as night missions are generally few and far between.

I'll try it out as soon as I can,my dad plays this game 24/7

I tried it but it still seems to pretty dark,my dad flys in game mode and it doesn't work outside the chopper.When outside the chopper there is a big black spot covering the screen.If could be brightened up a notch and work outside the chopper,it would be perfect.