Low res models

Hi!

This models are great to screenshots but in fact they are ruinning my gameplay, especially weapon models. I lose 7/10 FPS each time I look to my wing and with 4 full armed SU25Ts on runway I have +-7FPS.

To be truly I don't notice any diference while playing (inside cockpit) and I would prefer to have a beter gameplay over thousands polys rockets I never look at.

I would like to fly 25Ts coops with my friends but unless I use less detailed weapons that doesn´t seemed possible.

So my question is: Is it possible to setup my Lockon graphics to use old weapons models?

I have an AMD2800+, 1GB DDR, ATI9600pro. My settings are the same I always used, overal medium, 1024x720 16bits.

Thx!

No, there is no other simple "option" or button that you could toggle to change the default models into more simple versions.

To do that is just the same as adding more detailed models in the first place. It is still a whole new model, and must be created and then implemented just like all the aircraft that might be in this forum.

So, yes, of course it is possible, thought I highly doubt it. I'm not sure many guys would take the time to recreate a model already ingame, in less detail.

KuostASigcopy.png

Hi uncle,

You could try copy/paste the textures and models of 1.0x to your 1.1 folder. Remember the modded demo? It worked like 1.1 but you had 1.0x textures and 3D models. Of course the brand new weapons like the Vihir missles and others wont be affected this change.

I dont remember how to do the change but perhaps you could search for the thread about the 1.1 modded demo on ptsim?

Regards

At visibility low or LOD LEVEL LESS THAN LOW SETTING IN LOMAN, I suppose you can have lower lods kick in pretty soon such that u will not have that much of a fps hit. try it out.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|