A-10C AI improvements for DCS Blackshark :-)

Madman777

Soon we will have a new DCS module - A-10C, and with it will come some AI changes. A list of those changes...

• Water crossing vehicles will bypass destroyed bridges
  • Other units will re-route themselves if their route is blocked
  • If a moving ground group is engaged, the group will disperse and evade
  • Ground groups will now better use formations and employ new ones
  • Some groups will pop smoke if engaged

I would really really like DCS to apply these changes, IF POSSIBLE, to DCS Black Shark. I feel like these changes would give brand new life to DCS BS.

Even though A-10C will be taking up considerable time in the near future, nothing will compare to the challenge of flying and fighting in the KA-50. New AI improvements would keep my flying for many more years to come. :-)

Thanks!

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I bet they will patch BS to A-10 standard relatively quickly after launch.. Just my thoughts though, I honestly don't have the faintest clue..

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the DCS series is to be compatible online, which is intended, then all DCS modules will have to share the same virtual-world, objects and behaviour.

Which in turn will mean, yes ... you'll be seeing these changed to DCS:BS.

... unless someone changes the plans for the DCS series that is.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

If the DCS series is to be compatible online, which is intended, then all DCS modules will have to share the same virtual-world, objects and behaviour.

Which in turn will mean, yes ... you'll be seeing these changed to DCS:BS.

... unless someone changes the plans for the DCS series that is.

That makes sense. Thanks!

I hope so....I'm sure A10 will be amazing but DCS:BS will be on my harddrive for years. Maybee I will unistall if there is a DCS:AH-64 but thats all still up in the air. Theres just some things the shark can do that a fastmover can't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I hope so....I'm sure A10 will be amazing but DCS:BS will be on my harddrive for years. Maybee I will unistall if there is a DCS:AH-64 but thats all still up in the air. Theres just some things the shark can do that a fastmover can't.

Crash while going zero knots by falling straight into the ground? Hover above a building so small arms can actually hit you? Hover so that you are a better target? :lol: :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I plan to use the Ka-50 when it is integrated to be a FAC for the A-10s. Not just smoke, PVI-800 precision coordinates :) And because I can hover, I can stare at target areas for very long times, unlike an A-10. Anyone who disagrees with the usefulness of the Ka-50 I suspect hasn't learned how to fly the helo very well.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I doubt the Russian GLASNOS and INS cordinates match up to the US systems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

The PVI is not that accurate regardless of which GNSS and map datum is used. It only stores one decimal of the minutes. That's +/-180 meters inaccuracy!

When you enter a target location in the PVI and slave the Shkval to it, you typically have to manually search for the target to define its location accurately enough in order to be able to drop a guided weapon on it.

However, I don't know that you can get the required accuracy in geodetic coordinates from any display source in the BS cockpit...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Maybe

Maybe Just Laser Tag it ?

with his Pod the A10 can search and Track Laser Targets.

It would be Cool if The KA 50 could Datalink with A-10 not realistic ok but a great Feature !!! should be possible

You dont need the Exact Grid for a Fac role the hogs should just know where to Search for Targets.

Why dont use the KA 50 not as Fac/Commander with the Battle Command Feature ??

The Pilot can give own Ground units orders Coordinate the Planes and Keeps great Overwatch in his Gunship and of course get self Involved.

Its much more Easy to do that all in Hover then in Flight ;)

The Ka can also be used as SEAD for High Range SAMS like SA10 when the Stand in known positions

etc etc etc

"Just Laser Tag it"... uhm laser designators use codes, which are repeating sequences of pulses with varying length. The seeker in the laser-guided weapon under the A-10 wing would have to be loaded with the correct designator code AND be looking for the same wave length. I doubt that US and Russian weapons are that compatible.

But it would be awesome for sure! Perhaps we can edit some lua files to get it to work? (That is provided that buddy lasing is supported at all in MP. Any reports on that?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

On the US side the OH-58 is used as you know but what I don't know is the AI able to lase targets for the user A10

Probably not, but I was thinking about MP. Do you know if that's possible in the sim between two Sharks or between two A-10s?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

And we have this in the sim?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

I don't see why the shark and hog should be able to datalink or buddy lase - it is not realistic.

As for FO with stuff, no comment :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would just be happy with updated AI. It would make the sim more alive, and feel like we have an enemy that are not robots and continue to drive in a straight line, even when being attacked by a helo within visual range...lol

Datalink between A-10 and Black Shark would be retarded. IMO.