Su-25T Tutorial with Voiceover

Guest ruggbutt

Could have been that the altitude at the next waypoint was too low for the terrain he was currently flying over.

(Snipped)

I did a Loman install with a yellow flag result. I then followed TekaTeka's post in making it a normal training mission. Worked first time go! Sweet! At least I thought it was at first.

After takeoff I noticed that I had no HUD indications of:

-Navigation Mode

-Waypoints / Distances / Desired Airspeed / Desired Altitude

-Steering Circle

Also the aircraft crashed very soon after demonstrating the Radar Altitude Hold but the sound track (with mouse overlay) continued?

Obviously I did something in error. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

First of all, thank you. And I do sleep on occasion. :)

As far the track playback is concerned, did you alter any views? Actually I think your answer is going to be "no" because your message suggests that you were starting it through the Training Menu. But the reason I ask is that I just altered some views during playback as an experiment and had the track play back incorrectly. What happened was that one of the HUD changes (where I press the "1" key while taxiing) never happened. So, at takeoff, "Enroute" was not the selected navigation mode. That would certainly lead to a crash at some point once I started using the "Route Following" ACS mode about 2/3 of the way through the track.

Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is to try reinstalling and see what happens.

BuzzU wrote:

A few times you didn't follow what the steering circle was telling you, because you said you'd hit the trees if you did. What if you were flying at night or bad weather? Is the steering circle not 100% reliable?

If you let the "Route Following" ACS mode do the flying (except between WPs 9 and 10 until after you clear the west shore of Lake Ritsa) I think you'll find that you make it through just fine. The difference is that a human will fly the steering circle differently than the ACS computer. So, if you are planning a flight that a human will fly in 0 visibility, I would set the WPs at a higher altitude to allow more room for error. Hell. Come to think of it, if it were my life on the line, I'd set it higher for the computer, too. :)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

First of all, thank you. And I do sleep on occasion. :)

As far the track playback is concerned, did you alter any views? Actually I think your answer is going to be "no" because your message suggests that you were starting it through the Training Menu. But the reason I ask is that I just altered some views during playback as an experiment and had the track play back incorrectly. What happened was that one of the HUD changes (where I press the "1" key while taxiing) never happened. So, at takeoff, "Enroute" was not the selected navigation mode. That would certainly lead to a crash at some point once I started using the "Route Following" ACS mode about 2/3 of the way through the track.

Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is to try reinstalling and see what happens.

Rich,

You must be correct! At one point during initial playback I must have bumped a key other than "S" or perhaps my TrackIR did something "hinky". I just ran the track again without touching a darn thing and it works great! Please disregard my entire post except for the Job Well Done bits.

S!

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

Glad it's working okay for you now, Chris. Evidently tracks are still sensitive to a variety of influences interfering with playback--at least in some situations. I hadn't noticed anything like that happening elsewhere, though.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.