On the other side mission help

I've done it now by adding two more su-33s to the flight so they don't all get shot down by the su-25s.

I also shot down the hinds myself!

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed this in BS2 having done so a few times in the first Black Shark.

I made some bad mistakes, including one involving getting hit by a TOW. I wasted my wingmen (well 2 of them) on the enemy helo's. I also got a very entertaining A2A kill.

Later I forgot all my emergency procedures, like what to do if your gear won't extend, and that I should set full power with only one engine. I'm not sure that I could have made it back over those mountains on one engine and no autopilot systems at all. I just flew a little way away from the engagement zone and set her gently down next to a road. Possibly the best landing I've done really. Here's a track and a screenshot. I have not reviewed the track to ensure it plays back correctly.

Screen_120526_233645.jpg

Oh, I couldn't upload the track. I think it might be too big. It's not exactly a short mission, but I love it :D

this is how I did it:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I've never had any serious problems with this mission in BS1 or BS2.

I think the first time I played I got shot down by the hinds, since I can't see them until they are right in front of me (FOV - visibility thing). Some times I see their bullets coming at me, but I still can't see them! :)

The second time I finished it without problems. Generally I select targets on the schval and assign each to a wingman by "Attack my target", so we all attack simultaneously. In addition, this way they don't stray away, but they return to formation.

When they reported that they saw a bandit, I told the one who reported to "engage bandit" and I monitored him with the scval. This way I found the hinds and I could engage them too.

Regarding the Su-25s you mention, I never knew they were there. Either because I didn't see them (visibility problem), or because the fighter cover worked.

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was struggling with this mission too, its a sizable jump in challenge from the previous missions IMHO.

So the key for me was finding a way to take out both Hinds, which are tough brutes... by switching to Vikhr missile salvo's i.e. fire x2 Vikhrs almost together to take one Hind out quick then switch to the next. By all means use your wingmen to help but I think they are bugged for A-A combat and at best act as a distraction.

The other important point to note is make use of time acceleration for this mission, its not fun to repeat the take-off to Ingres point time and again.