WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Yes, if TARS is working properly you will see Radio Frequencies in TS client window (on the right side)

check your:

Config.lua ... should have this line: EnableExportScript = true

and

export.lua ... last line should be... dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

Edited by mladen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funkster, When you say it doesn't TS3 says TARS is not running. Please try select/click on your test channel in TS3 with the mouse and then select/click on your name. TS3 doesn't update the TARS status automatically. You need to select another channel (one click only) and then select your name to see the change.

If above doesn't make sense I can make a short video clip that illustrates.

And you are right. I am running TS3 version 3.0.13.1.

Cheers

Hans

Hi yes I read that also and tried it to no avail I'm afraid. Is the list of files / locations I provided previously - correct / still valid?

File is present: C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

Contains this line at the end (if not using HELIOS, this is the only line that needs to be in that file): dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExport.lua")

File is present: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\TARSExport.lua

File is present: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\Config.lua

Contains this line: ExportEnableScript = true

Directory is present (installed by TARS control panel): C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\TARS

Containing directory: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\TARS\aircraft

Containing files: a10.luac, ka50.luac

Containing files: tarscore.luac, tarsexporter.luac

Teamspeak: is the plugin checked in menu Settings->Plugins? (ctrl-shift-p)

Files present in teamspeak program directory: tars.ini, plugins\tars_64.dll (if using 32bit version it should be tars_32.dll)

Edited by funkster

hmmm Just looking at above (The list was provided by a TARS / Helios Install guide for DCS WORLD) I can already see discrepancies with the earlier post by MLaden (Thanks for trying to help BTW:thumbup:)

• i.e McLaden states: -Config.lua ... should have this line: EnableExportScript = true
  • But the Guide states: -Config.lua contains this line: ExportEnableScript = true

Secondly.

• Mladen states:- export.lua ... last line should be... dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")
  • Guide states:- dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExport.lua")

I don't know which is right and I cant seem to find a definitive guide to 1.2.7 manual installation. Can anyone help and list the exact files / locations / containing lines etc??? Please?:thumbup:

My config.lua has: EnableExportScript = true

Export.lua has: dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

HTH

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Question. How come you have Config.lua with "ExportEnableScript = true"?

I though that this was no longer used: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1686671&postcount=5

My files and setting:

DCSW 1.2.7.23803

TARS version 1.2.0.4

Teamspeak version 3.0.13.1

Instead of Config.lua IMHO below is the substitute:

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\config\Network.cfg:

line 21 allow_object_export = true

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua:

dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

Location of other files related to TARS

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\TARSexport.lua

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\tarscore.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\tarsexporter.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\aircraft\a10.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\aircraft\ka50.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\aircraft\uh1h.luac

I have attached my files from Saved Games folder for reference.

NOTE! I am calling the Helios export from a central Export.lua but for this it doesn't matter. You can see the calling of TARS at the bottom.

Cheers

Hans

DCS.rar

I though that this was no longer used: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1686671&postcount=5

My files and setting:

DCSW 1.2.7.23803

TARS version 1.2.0.4

Cheers

Hans

Hmmm, interesting. When TARS quit running a while back after the updates I had to go add that in config.lua and it started working. I just checked and my network.cfg has that entry on line 15. The rest of the files align with what you showed. Teamspeak version is 3.0.12.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

This is what I have in my export.lua and config.lua. I also use Helios in my pit.

edxort_config_lua_zps3970f154.jpg~original

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

I just deleted the EnableExportScript = true from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts and TARs would not activate.

Put it back in and TARS started right up.

Is that post showing that $INSTALL_DIR/Config/Export/config.lua is the one that is no longer used? Different ones I think.

It is actually very interesting. I do not have the config.lua in the saved games

And I do have a config.lua in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts

But it does not contain anything looking like EnableExportScript = true or allow_object_export = true :huh:

Cheers

Hans

HMA files in saved games folder and config.rar

I just deleted the EnableExportScript = true from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts and TARs would not activate.

Put it back in and TARS started right up.

Is that post showing that $INSTALL_DIR/Config/Export/config.lua is the one that is no longer used? Different ones I think.

SUCCESS !!!!!!

That is what it was ! I needed this line adding to the config.lua in that directory. It also works without the Config.lua in the Saved Games\DCS\Scripts Folder.

In summary all files as per HMA post plus the added line as described by TXMTB.

Thanks Guys, really appreciated you helping me get this working. Would be good to put up a sticky for manual install to help any future issues.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Glad that worked funkster, just remember it the next time an update comes out and it craps out! We spent about 2 hours chasing it down a few Tuesdays ago and pretty much trashed the flying that night. I still don't have a config.lua anywhere in the ../saved games/ so it's just FM that it works I guess.

:drink:

In my configuration export.lua and config.lua, which are stored in saved games folder, stay unchanged in case of DCSW update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

In my configuration export.lua and config.lua, which are stored in saved games folder, stay unchanged in case of DCSW update.

Thanks mladen!

I just did this by creating a config.lua in C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts, and removed the entry EnableExportScript = true from the config.lua that is in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts.

TARS worked after I put the new file in place, and shouldn't be overwritten during an update as you stated.

I just created the config.lua with 2 lines in it:

is_EDM = true

EnableExportScript = true

And removed that entry from the other config.lua.

I would just stay with works for you, once working it's all good.

For me it works offline with the config file in saved game folder but when I go online it's not working anymore I also have the line EnableExportScript = true put in the cockpit scripts folders config.lua but to no avail what am I doing wrong?

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Changed the ports tried both location for config.LUA files, changed the permissions and now my regular DCS.exe is booting to a black screen and I can only get in the game via the launcher or updater :(((((( wicked my son wicked... LOL

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

My files and setting:

DCSW 1.2.7.23803

TARS version 1.2.0.4

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua:

dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

Location of other files related to TARS

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\TARSexport.lua

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\tarscore.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\tarsexporter.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\aircraft\a10.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\aircraft\ka50.luac

C:\Users\HMA\Saved Games\DCS\TARS\aircraft\uh1h.luac

I have attached my files from Saved Games folder for reference.

NOTE! I am calling the Helios export from a central Export.lua but for this it doesn't matter. You can see the calling of TARS at the bottom.

Cheers

Hans

I need hepl :helpsmilie:

What I write on the places marked.

1.thumb.jpg.e228cd4d18f88963832045b51cd9298f.jpg

20031132427441934310053.jpg

Same problem here. Can't get it to work. Tried everything. When I try to uninstall TARS I get this:

The TARS Control panel encountered an unhandled exception and needs to stop.

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path1

Anyone know what that is about?