TrackIR speeds need help setting up please!!!

Chillspider

I am trying to get my trackIR setup to where its smooth and moves with me not faster than me or too slow . I see people in videos where it seems to run flawless min just moves too much and if I slow it down it doesnt move enough so im a little lost . I could use a profile plus need to know what to set speed and smoothness too because profiles do not change those. any help would be appreciated.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's another you can try if you like.

EDIT: Just seen TrackIR 4 in your signature where as this profile and Wag's are for TrackIR 5, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not in honesty.

bt

I have 4 but 4 can use 5's software and profiles so it should work

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

only thing is that the profiles does not change the speed and smooth settings and those are a big part of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the only thing it does if you switch between the profiles is it changes the motion adjustment thing at the bottom its a chart

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

seems the profile only changes the curves in the motion adjustment in advanced settings in basic setting the speed and smooth never change when i switch between profiles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok heres what i mean Im using the trackir 5 software. there is a speed and smooth setting in basic options. those settings have nothing to do with the profile settings apparently when you change profiles they always stay the same even if you change them a little thay still stay at those numbers no matter what profile you set in the software not while running a game. thats what I was getting at the profile only sets the motion adjustments in the advanced settings so even if you use someone else profile the speed and the smooth setting stay the same as whatever you had it before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go under titles, find DCS: A-10C and change it's profile to the new one you wanted to use. Those curves should be changing if you change profiles. Here's what mine's setup as:

58364341.jpg

If you're using Wags' setup make sure you're seeing curves like those and not flat lines, like the default.

• Like 1

yes and thats all that is being changed the curves not the speed and smooth settings thats what i wanted to know what other people set to get a good idea what goes good with those curves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you may want to set the template selection.

one:one

fast

slow

smooth

those may help. if you use those in conjunction with speed sliders etc you should be able to achieve what you want. i have created my template from adjusting the curve settings and those sliders etc.

is this what you mean?

Action After Contemplation

With the reflected IR light, leaning in usually causes your forehead to be overly reflective and a false input. You could tune the threshold sensitivity up a bit to try to keep out unwanted IR sources. Personally the TrackClip Pro with active IR lights means I can set maximum threshold and reflections don't stand a chance.

Anyone else have problems viewing the radio settings with TIR5? I just upgraded from TIR3 and its much harder - looking down seems to move you back. Very difficult to hold still enough to set ILS etc.

Any tips?

you could try disabling the z axis in the TIR profile that controls the head translation back and forth, or at least drop the curve right down to stop too much movement. i have stopped mine and use 5 DOF + zoom and it has made that sort of stuff a bit easier.

Action After Contemplation

Chillspider is talking about the MOtion Control box above the above the Advanced Setting s Window, which IIRC are not affected by profiles (just experiment Chill). Kylania, you can click the Exclusive Load box next to profile name to force use of the same profile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]