matrix board for X-keys

CAT_101st

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the brake out boards are dun from the manufacture. Here is what they look like befor installing the parts on the board. I will have the price soon for each board. shipping will not be in the price.

P1050915.thumb.jpg.8aaba93ee2b3c4f87d58ca4fc92fefeb.jpg

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I think I will have 1 extra. I am waiting for a responce from someone on another site.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

Hi CAT. Thanks for the update. It seems that things happens earlier than I hoped :).

I have one question: How is the connection of your matrix board with the X-Keys implemented. Does we need a special cable or can the devices be plugged directly together? (sorry for my bad English).

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

The X-keys board has a 30 pin connector on it and my board has 3 8 pin connectores. So I will provide the 3 8 pin conectors to be mounted on a tape cable of your desine. I have a buddy working on a desin for a pre made cable but wont be out for this run of boards. mabe the next run if there is enough intrest in them.

also I am providing both the mail and femail connectors for the matrix. All you need is the wire and crimps to attach the wires to the connectors for a plug and play. I sujest using CAT 5 cable. That will provide 4 switch lines or if wiring a dile one common and 7 switches. There are many ways to wire up your pit using this brakeout board.

here is what the board will look like when put together.

P1050924.thumb.jpg.f28aa0e63939fe0ad8cc1a9e497e2de4.jpg

The board looks very good - I like that connectors so I don't have to solder the pins. That will enable a much easier reconfiguration.

Please forgive me my maybe stupid question: Your Matrix board has 3 8 Pin connectors for the connection to the x-keys board = 24 connectors altogether. The x-keys board has a 30 Pin connector. That means that 6 connectors of the x-keys are not connected to the Matrix board - is this irrelevant?

Edited by pikas

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

The pins not conected are a ground and 3 LED's and a 5V. One other I don't rember. They are not relivent to the matrix brakeout board.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the shiping is realy slow. The mail has not even reached the USA yeat. It must be on a slow boat. :(

Just got the tracking # and it is still in china customs. They had some sort of hollday over the last 2 weaks. wow what bad timming to ship. But nun the less It will start on its way now.

Expected Delivery Date: February 14, 2011

Class: Priority Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item cleared United States Customs at 6:47 pm on February 11, 2011. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

OK I have the parts. pikas I know you want me to put it together the two for you. For all the other guys that wanted on pleas send me a PM if you want it DIY or you want me to put them together.

DIY= $28 + shiping

built = $36 + shiping

If in US I will ship flat rate USPS priorty. around $7 I will confirm price befor payment is made.

Any questions send me a PM.

Yes Cat, thanks a lot:thumbup:. Now most of the waiting time seems to be over. What payment method are you thinking of?

Ok guys I have some good news and bad. The good is I finished the sodering on the first board. The bad news is that the desin has the parts too close to each other and I am having to modafy the femail plugs to fit side by side. I have allready had the board redesined for the next run if it happens. It is going to take some time to get theas built and out to you guys. I will notify you all by PM when yours is ready to be shiped.

@Pikas your at the botom of the list I am hopping for next weak to ship for you.

Thanks for the update CAT. Impatiently watching for your PM :music_whistling:...

I have worked most of the day and stayed up late working on the boards I have 5 and 9/10th boards saudered. To day I will start the moding of the connectors and preping for shiping. PM's will go out late today.

Wow, really hard work - and - you need calm hands :huh:.