Belkin n25te Gamepad (GREAT with Blackshark!!)

I bought a new Blekin n52te gamepad at Bestbuy last night for $70+tax. I am very pleased with my purchase and its performance in DCS Blackshark.

FUL1_F8GFPC200.jpg

Here are some links for the gamepad:

http://www.n52te.com/

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390404

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826169019

I have not installed the included software, and I actually don't plan to. The gamepad acts just like a keyboard when you plug it in. The keys are preset with tab,caps,left shift, QWERASDFZXC, left right up down arrows, space, and left alt.

So far I have it nearly completely mapped. Heres what I have:

• I have all of the lights mapped to it (interior and exterior)
  • UV-26 countermeasure functions
  • Abris buttons (1-5,up-down,select)
  • pvi-800 buttons (auto-man, high-med-low, can roudn sel, can rate of fire, jettison stores)
  • misc (show pilot body, wingman commands)

The layout of the buttons makes it very easy to map multiple commands. With one hand you can have control of a lot of systems.

I may be building a spreadsheet describing all of the functions I have mapped... I will share it here if I do. :)

Here is a video of me using the Belkin gamepad to navigate the Abris:

Edited by walker450

Very interesting, and SHIT another thing I wana learn. Right now I am kinda crippled with a crappy x52 and working on getting my desk setup with a slideout 15 inch touchscreen with touchpal. Then the A 10 stick and this sounds really cool. I think myt old x52 is going to turn into bullet food.

thanks!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I'm not sure how using this works better than a keyboard or simple number pad. Please explain, I'm curious.

I knew this question would come up. :)

It is nice to use in conjunction with a keyboard. I can easily, and without looking, perform 50+ functions using the speedpad. The keys are laid out to make it easier to navigate them without looking. They are not all the same height like a normal keyboard that is made for typing.

And as a bonus, it looks cool on my desk. :thumbup:

I have not installed the included software, and I actually don't plan to

some benefits of included software are :

you may assign other chars to each key

you may program macros with succession of keys and delays

you may backup and restore your profiles

I just purchased one this past sunday. And now have it working on W-7. Can't get the micro's sequencey wright. I want to put the spotlight on the

DPad n/s/e/w. If anyone has a single micro's of the sequence, if you can post a snap shot of it I would greatly appreciated it. I could only get one to work and can not remember what steps I took.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I just purchased one this past sunday. And now have it working on W-7. Can't get the micro's sequencey wright. I want to put the spotlight on the

DPad n/s/e/w. If anyone has a single micro's of the sequence, if you can post a snap shot of it I would greatly appreciated it. I could only get one to work and can not remember what steps I took.

If it helps, i've been doing some macros for another sim and found that you often need to add a small delay between key strokes... this usually resolves the problem and works a treat.

Hope that helps.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

If it helps, i've been doing some macros for another sim and found that you often need to add a small delay between key strokes... this usually resolves the problem and works a treat.

Hope that helps.

Well I thouht the same about the delay between the keystroke but just tried it with out any delays and now it works. :lol: :megalol: :thumbup:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Well I thouht the same about the delay between the keystroke but just tried it with out any delays and now it works. :lol: :megalol: :thumbup:

LOL!

Well, one way or another we got there!

:joystick:

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I also purchased one yesterday. The main advantage of this unit for me will be the better position of it as I´m usally pretty far away from the keyboard and Idon´t have enough space to place it near the throttle. Pretty nice for abris and other systems. I have them programed on 3rd mode on my X52 pro but it´s not that easy to use them that way.

Nice pad can´t wait to try it tomorrow!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I´ve finally started to program my Belkin 52te. Delays were absoloutely necessary on the PVI or datalink buttons. Otherwise the button in the cockpit will be stuck down like a permanent press. WOrks well with the software 3 modes for 1. mode abris and datalink, 2. mode uv 26 3. mode PVI 800.

This is really nice placed vertically in front of my thrust control (like the X65F)

So far so good I can´t get the UV 26 Dispenser left right and Programm/amount to work. I can use exactly the same Keycombination in game and it works but when I record the same comb in the razor software it Displays (=) instead of (+).

I will post a finished profile as a template because it really takes some time to enter all the commands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought a new Blekin n52te gamepad at Bestbuy last night for $70+tax. I am very pleased with my purchase and its performance in DCS Blackshark.

FUL1_F8GFPC200.jpg

Here are some links for the gamepad:

http://www.n52te.com/

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390404

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826169019

I have not installed the included software, and I actually don't plan to. The gamepad acts just like a keyboard when you plug it in. The keys are preset with tab,caps,left shift, QWERASDFZXC, left right up down arrows, space, and left alt.

So far I have it nearly completely mapped. Heres what I have:

• I have all of the lights mapped to it (interior and exterior)
  • UV-26 countermeasure functions
  • Abris buttons (1-5,up-down,select)
  • pvi-800 buttons (auto-man, high-med-low, can roudn sel, can rate of fire, jettison stores)
  • misc (show pilot body, wingman commands)

The layout of the buttons makes it very easy to map multiple commands. With one hand you can have control of a lot of systems.

I may be building a spreadsheet describing all of the functions I have mapped... I will share it here if I do. :)

Here is a video of me using the Belkin gamepad to navigate the Abris:

I have the n52te:doh: also its great but I added the Logitech G13 to the collection has more key strokes...

logitechg131.jpg

Its a sweet baby:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 2 years later...

This is also known as the Razer Nostromo;

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|