Comms Environment

Hi:

I'm sure some already do this, but if you want to add some background comms to add to immersion whilst flying (and don't have zzzspace's excellent mod installed), you can stream live atc, or download Red Flag military exercize audio at the links below.

http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php (JFK Approach work well);

http://www.lazygranch.com/red_audio.htm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, That site is simply the BEST source for Live ATC. Go to "Live ATC Audio Feeds" and select an airport. I would go for JFK tower/ground. They are hands down the busiest on the list with the most variety of airlines, aircraft, and heavies. Kennedy is the major hub for all the internationals. I just like to open it up and listen to it as if it were streaming music :)

Anyway, I wouldnt use it in the backround as windows media player hogs up a bit of my CPU that lomac uses all up.

KuostASigcopy.png

Hi all.

Thanks for sharing.

I always liked it when the flights I was booked on had headphones for you so you could listen to your departure, getting handed off fromm tower to tower in flight, and then your arrival. One thing I was impressed with was that the ATC's always had a good attitude and even light-hearted moments while "Pushing Tin". Thanks again, -KILSEK

That airline would be United.

One of the major factors that makes me fly them instead, when I Could be flying comfortably in the leather seats and seeing the pretty faces of younger flight attendants of other airlines..

KuostASigcopy.png

Hi all.

That reminds me, I believe it was a United Airlines flight, that the stewardess gave the most hilarious pre-flight speech I have ever heard. I do not remember the whole speech, but she mentioned the buttertubs dropping from the ceiling w/ complimentary oxygen and that in case of a water landing we could keep the seat cushion as a souvenir, even folks whose eyes had already glazed over from hearing that for the thousinth time were laughing. She received a round of applause at the end. -KILSEK

• 4 months later...