Missile impact

Lonecrow66

Had a missile hit my tail and knock half of it off, but I didn't get any noise or anything to indicate I was hit. I had no idea until the plane because hard to fly a few seconds afterward.

I do get gun sound hits, which are good. Just nothing that helps indicate there was a near miss or anything like that or if you get hit.

This a known bug?

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

I read in another thread that this is being addressed in the upcoming beta release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

257th Fighting Falcons/First VFW-25th Virtual Fighter Squadron

Specs: Win7 HP 64 bit, i7-960 @ 3.2GHz, 12GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz, Intel-based Alienware mobo, 256GB Samsung SSD, WD 1.0TB HD, Samsung LCD monitor @ 1920x1200, TM Warthog, SIMPED vario F-16 rudders w/brakes, R.A.T. 7 mouse, 2xMimo 7" LCDs, 2xTM Cougar MFDs, and TrackIR4 w/Pro Clip. Wife who tolerates it. Cat who thinks she can interrupt at ANY time. :doh:

IIRC the warheads on AA missiles detonate on proximity to their target so the go off at a distance to the aircraft and do focused concussive and frag damage. I've always wondered if while in the cockpit fore of the loud engines, you would actually be able to hear the incoming missile detonate behind you.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

IIRC the warheads on AA missiles detonate on proximity to their target so the go off at a distance to the aircraft and do focused concussive and frag damage. I've always wondered if while in the cockpit fore of the loud engines, you would actually be able to hear the incoming missile detonate behind you.

I'm sure if there is an explosion behind you.. that you'd hear it.

I don't care if they don't hear it.. I want to hear it. This is a simulator yes but also we don't have the luxury of peripheral vision and hearing as well as real life. Some things in the game need to be exaggerated a little bit to help compensate for the lack of senses.

I'm sure if a SAM blows up behind you.. you'd feel the vibrations and the shrapnel and hear something enough to know something was damn close!!

So far this sim doesn't give you that feeling yet.. :) I so stress yet.

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!