Bombers and Bombing in FC1.1

Hi all.

I am trying to set up a couple of bombers for the runway bombing and the ground attack role. I am setting it up using Ru aircraft.

Would I be correct in saying that:

Internal bomb bays work best for runway bomb runs as they will line up and release all their bombs effectively destroying it.

External bombs loads would work best in destroying city buildings, bombers will circle the city and drop one bomb at a time until all targets are destroyed or it is out of bombs.

I believe in 1.02 and using the B-52 it would drop a single bomb from its' internal bay and could be used to destroy multiple buildings while it circled the city, again until all targets are destroyed or it is out of bombs. I don't remember how I used the B-1.

I cannot get the Tu-95 and Tu-160 to drop single bombs from their internal loads, they drop their entire load. So I believe that unless this is a bug, they maybe better suited for runway attack. I was just thinking that I have not tasked them for pinpoint attack, so I may have better luck there.

FWIW, I have not used the Tu-22 as it has both an internal and external bomb "racks" and the Tu-142 can only be tasked as antiship.

Thanks for any help. -KILSEK

Hi all and SUBS17.

Yes, runway bombing is not the problem. I tested the Tu-22, -95 and -160 and the all can accomplish that task.

I am wanting to get the Ru bombers to bomb cities, and not just drop all their bombs like the would in a runway attack, but to drop 2 bombs(because Ru aircraft drop them in pairs) per target. I have yet to get that to happen.

If I select the pinpoint strike task and arm the bomber with missiles the can and do destroy individual buildings with a great deal of success. I will upload a ss at my site. I will be trying different aircraft like the Su-34 and -30 with the ground attack task to see if they fare better. I would much rather use bombs, because I feel using a LRM, especially a large amount of them, not as a cheat but more a cheap shot. Death from 2500/3000 km away. But then again, If bombers are atacking cities the are ussually going after high value targets (comms, HQ's, whatever) so a LRM would not be out of place.

Anyway I am going to be testing different ac/tasks/ and loads to see if I can get what I want. Thanks, -KILSEK

If you use large bobmers they can carry only dumb bombs. Bombers are designed to level the cities not to perform a pinpoint strike. They are doing carpet bombings an then they move away. Remaining for an extended period of time over the well defended city is a suicide. Then only bobmer which can lunch large pinpoint strikes at my knowledge is a a B-2 flying wing. The USAF did some trials with B-1 but they remained quite unsatisfactory.

Hi all.

I have found that if I use a Su-34 it will fly around a city dopping two bombs/target. It works performs like I am wanting. It maybe suicide if the bombers start doing that without someone(4-star General Me) does not plan the mission to include other ac or vehicles to destroy the AAA and SAM's.

FWIW and IMO LOAMC/FC1.1 has large bombers available to me to use for pinpoint strike tasks. Now using bombs for pinpoint strikes and LRM's for PPS is what sets the bombers and fighters apart. A bomber will use LRM's to attack from a safe distance while a fighter will use its' size and speed to get close enough to drop it's bombs. I will u/l some pics at the link in my sig to show what is available. -KILSEK