SPI will not set in TADS

FlyinJ

I can't figure out why. I set my TAD to SOI, and slew the cross to where I want to set SPI... then do a TMS forward long. It will not then make the current TAD cursor location the SPI. Nothing happens.

The manual also says I have to "hook" a symbol first by pressing TMS forward short, then activate SPI function in current sensor, then TMS forward long.

Pressing TMS forward short doesn't do anything when I'm in TAD, and I can't figure out how to activate SPI function in the TAD display... if that's what I'm missing.

I can, however, set SPI by holding TMS forward long in the targeting pod. This creates a diamond and a cake symbol on the TAD. I just can't do it in the TAD.

I must be missing a step here...

You have to have a symbol (JTAC triangle or wingman target) to hook your cake on.

Is there any way to manually set a symbol on the TAD that I can hook on?

For instance, I know some AAA is near a distant city. I want to get the targeting pod to point right at the city. It seems I can only get my targeting pod to slave to SPI or steerpoint.

Set a mark point using TMS right short, and then hook that. Or just switch the CDU to markpoint mode and select it as a steer point.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

When you say "hook" are you just place the cursor over the mark or is there something you need to do to hook the symbol?

thanks

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Place the cursor over whatever you want to hook, then press TMS Fwd Short.

Cool bud. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR