Refuel Animation Gap

REL

IMHO Here you can see the animation gap when the boom attaches -

2:56 minute:

*Nice missile miss at the beginning.

Hare is the real deal - 2:22 minute:

Is it going to be completed?

Edited by REL

During the daytime, I can't see the information on the HUD when the boom is right in front of it. I tried with both day and night modes and intensity at max. Not trying to hijack your thread; but what should I do to be able to read the HUD? I have HDR off, Tex medium, and Heat Blur off.

During the daytime, I can't see the information on the HUD when the boom is right in front of it. I tried with both day and night modes and intensity at max. Not trying to hijack your thread; but what should I do to be able to read the HUD? I have HDR off, Tex medium, and Heat Blur off.

Did you try the HUD night mode ?

2.JPG.1ea1742a938326ca776cfc08e7f79929.JPG

Can you post a screenshot ?

I noticed no gap here. Of course I could have been distracted by the "Split S" departure & popping of flares behind the tanker... 8)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=574_1300096331

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Actually, I still cannot read the HUD.

Here are some screenshots with HDR off:

In these screenshots is the middle number for the speed visable at all to you guys. If it is then it might be my display that is a problem. Could I turn reflections off in a lua or config file?

ar1fg.jpg

ar2.jpg

ar2.jpg

Edited by XarBat

As a question on technique... should you even be trying to read your airspeed indicator or other HUD information when refueling, or should it be done entirely by using the tanker as a visual reference to maintain your position?

You should use the first to approach the tanker from further out, but you should be entirely able to use the latter to stay stabilized.

After all, humans are not good at solving integral problems in real time in their heads, so you better directly get your information from where you're at, not what your speed gauge says where you will be in an infinitesimal small moment. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!