Su-27/33 AG radar unrealistic

cweng

Why we can't search/select using the AG radar on Su-27/33 anymore ? I remeber in the very first release of Su-27, we can search sea target and even use TV missle. How come this function is removed in FC ?

The real Su-27 has no air to ground modes built into it's radar. Only a basic CCIP delivery system, same goes for the Su-33. IRL the Su-33 would use data link information for a rough estimate of the ships position and release the Kh-41 when it is estimated to be in range. The guidance system in the Kh-41 then takes over and it uses an on board radar to find the ship.

In another sonario the enemy ship may be ''painted'' by another source such as a ship or bomber. The target co-ordinates are then datalinked to the Su-33 and can be fed directly into the Kh-41 prior to release

Well that's how it would have worked if the money held out, see below.

It doesn't work realistically. I'll explain that one ...

The model of Su-27 you're flying is the Su-27S, and the Su-33 is nothing more than the navalized version thereof. NOTHING MORE.

The Kh-41 anti-ship missile was never built for use by the Su-33's. There was some talk about it happening, but the Su-33's never received their upgrades (includnig their AG modes) and that must have been a deciding factor.

The newer versions of the Su-27, like the Su-27SM, are closer to an F-16 in terms of AG capability, in that you'd have TV-guided missiles and laser designator pods for LGBs and anti-ship missiles and so on.

Guess which version of the Su-27 is NOT modelled in LOMAC ;)

So you've got the Su-27S which is an interceptor with a secondary unguided AG capability when and if push comes to shove. You shouldn't be using it for AG attacks, that's not its purpose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Those weapons weren't anywhere enarly widely available during LOMAC's somewhat confused timeline, nor can they be mounted on an aircraft without the proper control and data mechanisms anyway. Stop tryin gto do A2G with an A2A aircraft already. It's highly unlikely you'd ever see a Su-33 or Su-27S doing any sort fo A2G unless it desperately had to. It's an interceptor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

GG, don't waste your time on him, save it for betas :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]