FreeTrack compatiblity

Is DCS going to allow FreeTrack input?

Seems silly and monopolistic to allow only trackIdiot input. I can use any joystick I like. I can use Left Alt C to use the mouse to look around. Why then can't I use a freely available public domain method of view control?

Look at FreeTrack forum. There you should (if it isn't now will be soon) get little cookie which allows you use FT and kick NP ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

You can find a patch needed for FreeTrack in this thread:

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2683

It works for 32-bit only. There may be newer posts on the FreeTrack Website dealing with 64-bit, but I didn't need 64-bit.

Copy the download file to your "DCS A-10C\bin" folder and run. It will backup your original "NewInput.dll" and replace it with one that allows FreeTrack to work. As a double backup, I made a copy of the original NewInput.dll just in case.

Still

I would also like to have direct support of freetrack and other control options in DCS, or at the very least not the current "block everything that isn't trackIR" which is at best anticompetitive and at worst illegal depending on country.

The funny thing is that I was going to buy a trackIR until they pulled this nonsense.