Eject-Eject-Eject and Rescue

ErichVon

Hi,

Yes, I am a noob.

Ok, pilot is out of aircraft. High altitude ejection is cool as to the two drag chutes in the seat. He softly floats to earth.

On the ground he can maneuver several directions. In rapid transit mode he can cover the ground quickly.

Can pilot be rescued?

What does pilot do once he is on the ground?

Out to sea, he rapidly sinks. In real life I would get out of my parachute before I hit the water for fear of entanglement in the shroud lines in the water. And no raft or paddle.

What is the point?

Is there a Jolly Green rescue team?

Silly observation, I know.

Erich

Edited by ErichVon

No, there is no point other than not having your virtual pilot die (i.e. recorded as a death in your logbook, or having to start a new logbook if you've selected not to be immortal).

If you find a UAZ and walk up to it, you can drive it around using an easter egg. But there isn't any purpose to being able to walk around after ejecting.

If you find a UAZ and walk up to it, you can drive it around using an easter egg. But there isn't any purpose to being able to walk around after ejecting.

As far as I know, the pilot walking around is also an easter egg. But with A-10C, someone decided to just sort of extend their egg to include a UAZ. :P

So no, the pilot when on the ground really has no function. For example, in MP, other people cannot see him walk around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In Aces High pilot gets a .45 pistol with 20 rounds I think.

In one of the older updates I killed a Panzer tank by walking behind it and shooting its gas tank. I ejected in an active tank battle.

In the bunker (maproom) where the 10 troops came to capture the base, pilot could go inside and kill troops before they entered.

One of the older vets there, said earlier versions of the game pilot could go out to enemy plane and kill the pilot sitting in the plane waiting to takeoff. Now, the ack-ack field guns would kill you 1st, pilot would never get that close unless all field guns were down.

LOL

Erich

Hi,

Yes, I am a noob.

Ok, pilot is out of aircraft. High altitude ejection is cool as to the two drag chutes in the seat. He softly floats to earth.

On the ground he can maneuver several directions. In rapid transit mode he can cover the ground quickly.

Can pilot be rescued?

What does pilot do once he is on the ground?

Out to sea, he rapidly sinks. In real life I would get out of my parachute before I hit the water for fear of entanglement in the shroud lines in the water. And no raft or paddle.

What is the point?

Is there a Jolly Green rescue team?

Silly observation, I know.

Erich

Sometimes if i eject over a target area i act as a jtac for my squad mates.

Giving directions and visuals so they can get weapons on target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

..In real life I would get out of my parachute before I hit the water for fear of entanglement in the shroud lines in the water...

Good way to impact the water terminally. Depth perception over open water really sucks. Don't release that last strap until your feet are wet.

Hi,

OK, somebody has to ask the dumb questions:

What is an Easter Egg in game?

How does one get this jeep over to the plane? Off-line? On-line?

A lot I do not know, yet.

I moderate my own machinist group to Yahoo! Groups. Almost everybody coming in (over 2,000 guys) are green as the hot place down below. And we that are journeyman machinists/toolmakers have to help them out, and almost always, politely. The toolmaker I trained under was one royal pr**k! I am not that way teaching people new stuff. But it does get old real fast always answering pretty much the same questions. What is nice about my group is, us "old timers" can learn from the new guys. You cannot know everything as to variations to the equation. When I started out in the tool room I asked the master toolmaker, "is there a good book to learn from?" He laughed and said, "you don't learn this trade out of a book!" . He was right, up to a point.

Erich

No, there is no point other than not having your virtual pilot die (i.e. recorded as a death in your logbook, or having to start a new logbook if you've selected not to be immortal).

What is an Easter Egg in game?

An 'easter egg' is a term used to describe hidden functionality or content, usually of a humorous nature. This is stuff that exists in the game, but even if you've played the game for a long long time you may be unaware of, because the mechanism for accessing it is non-obvious and not documented.

For example, you can play the Warthog for a long long time and never discover that if you happen to press the space bar while on foot near a UAZ, you'll take control of that vehicle; simply because there's no particular reason to even try doing that (the space bar/fire has no apparent functionality when on foot).

How does one get this jeep over to the plane? Off-line? On-line?

The easiest way is to use the mission editor to place a UAZ near your jet's start position, and then just eject while on the ground and walk over to it. Alternatively you can find one somewhere in the mission and fly over to it and eject so you land close.