222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all right. And there is no documentation about the UDP communication ?

It's my own protocol, so, no :)

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

ah ok :) but how to you pull the data from the game ? This is the part that I don't understand.

You can find more information about working with the lua scripting by looking at the export.lua script in your A-10 directory, and searching this message board.

Here's a thread I found particularly helpful http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61725

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

You can find more information about working with the lua scripting by looking at the export.lua script in your A-10 directory, and searching this message board.

Here's a thread I found particularly helpful http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61725

ok so Lua scripts is the way to communicate with the game. Is it the same for the MFDs images ? Or they have to be "captured" from the screen manually ?

Edited by Tex-Twil

ok so Lua scripts is the way to communicate with the game. Is it the same for the MFDs images ? Or they have to be "captured" from the screen manually ?

MFDs can't be exported via lua unless they fixed that in the latest patch. Which I doubt, but now that you mentioned it, ill definitely take a look.

MFDs can't be exported via lua unless they fixed that in the latest patch. Which I doubt, but now that you mentioned it, ill definitely take a look.

so I suppose it's your server who captures the MFDs screens on the PC and sends the image stream to the iPad.

Just a ittle info from my side, maybe it's helpful for others as well. I did not install any remote control software nor additional drivers. Just a plain nvidia card with two dvi outputs running on windows 7.

Via right click on desktop -> choose "Screen resolution" (or something like that - I don't own an english windows). Now in the top row where the little monitors are displayed select "detect". At least one additional device should be displayed there now. Set it to VGA and 800x600 (least performance loss I guess) and you're done.

Now you can follow the procedures to extend the iControl DCS server window to stretch to your virtual desktop manually.

Hi Sebro,

Interesting idea to get a second "virtual monitor". Have you been able to make this work with iControl? Also, I used to run a real 2nd monitor to display the MFD's and that screwed up the Multiplayer Join Screen (the UI stretches across all displays and unless the vertical or horizontal resolution is the same as your main monitor, parts of the screen are clipped off and you lose the join button for example. Have you tried Multiplayer with this iControl configuration?

Hi Sebro,

Interesting idea to get a second "virtual monitor". Have you been able to make this work with iControl? Also, I used to run a real 2nd monitor to display the MFD's and that screwed up the Multiplayer Join Screen (the UI stretches across all displays and unless the vertical or horizontal resolution is the same as your main monitor, parts of the screen are clipped off and you lose the join button for example. Have you tried Multiplayer with this iControl configuration?

I use the virtual monitor drivers with my http://www.ipadpit.nl and got no issue's in multiplay. Could be because I'm running a10 in windowed mode.

Edited by Ghost_unit13
www.Ipadpit.nl :pilotfly:

I would like to set up either the touch ir+ with my ipad2 and/or iControl app on my ipad2. I purchased both but I would like simple step by step installation instructions. With the touch ir+ for ipad, you download a zip file with multiple zip files included and the instructions assume you know exactly what the developer knows. If you could help, or know where there is a simple step by step set of instructions for both the touch ir+ app and the iControl app for installation on my ipad, it would be appreciated. Thanks

I would like to set up either the touch ir+ with my ipad2 and/or iControl app on my ipad2. I purchased both but I would like simple step by step installation instructions. With the touch ir+ for ipad, you download a zip file with multiple zip files included and the instructions assume you know exactly what the developer knows. If you could help, or know where there is a simple step by step set of instructions for both the touch ir+ app and the iControl app for installation on my ipad, it would be appreciated. Thanks

There are instructions available for iControl DCS here http://www.bit-shift.com/home/icontrol-dcs/help

There is nothing to set up on the iPad. As long as it's connected to the same network as the PC, install the software and go!

You need to have Bonjour installed on the PC (If you have iTunes installed, you probably already have it. If not, you need to get it via the links on the help page.)

• 2 months later...
With a bit of playing around I found that I could create a fake display to place the mfcds and cdu on. I got the info from this forum post http://superuser.com/questions/62051/is-there-a-way-to-fake-a-dual-second-monitor

first download install tightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

Then download install this demoForge driver http://www.demoforge.com/dfmirage.htm

Right click on desktop and go to Screen resolution then press detect. Hopefully it should detect another monitor that you can force on using vga. You can then extend your desktop onto the new monitor.

I haven't fully tested this method but I got it working on both my main desktop computer and laptop (both using an AMD graphics card).

I was then able to set a-10c and iControl to use the extra space with a bit of trial and error.

Howdee,

I have two displays config'd in win7-64. How did you set up your displays? Extended?

How should the set up in the server look? A as re shot or two would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Chas

With the touch ir+ for ipad, you download a zip file with multiple zip files included and the instructions assume you know exactly what the developer knows. If you could help, or know where there is a simple step by step set of instructions for both the touch ir+ app and the iControl app for installation on my ipad, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

I tried to make the instructions for the touch ir ipadpit step by step. Just added some extra info so you know what you do and why. All info should be in the docs, every step is explained in detail. Let me know what is not clear and I will try to explain. You don't need all the zip files, they are just available for different setups if you wish to use it. Yes you do need to read the manual to get it to work, but Hey.. The ipadpit profile is for free. ;)

If it is still to complicated for you, you might indeed have a try with Icontrole. Boarder took a lot of effort to get the setup automatic.

www.Ipadpit.nl :pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

Just bought a copy of icontrol and i love it.

Very easy to setup once you have read the online instructions.

I only had to assign the IP on the ipad app and runs perfect.

The only thing i noticed is a little drop in framerates.

Keep up the good work boarder

Regards,

Jedi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

I also bought iControl this days, looks smart.

But I dont get it to work right and did not find a solutions within this thread.

I have a hardware monitor 1920x1080 and a virtual Monitor 800x600.

I set up iControl server to a main area with 2720x1080.

But I can see the MFCD´s only in the iPad if I place them left on the hardware monitor. But this is used for the cockpit view.

Any idea how I can move the MFCD´s to the virtual monitor ?

Due there is nothing to "tell" the iPad where it has to look for the MFCD´s.

It alsway show me the area left uper area from my hardware monitor.

I have had installed miragedriver and tightvnc but there was no difference, so my videocard seems to be able to do the same.

Thanks !!

Tom (pretty new in DCS sims)

icontrol1.thumb.jpg.c7b8c16c19fa34e8ea2350243c9de57e.jpg

icontrol2.thumb.jpg.6c86bdaef7bd08b3831271098eed4a79.jpg

icontrol3.jpg.fb446766b4cb3c1723098097b9dbb57c.jpg

Hi all...

I've never set it up with virtual displays, but based on everything else I know, just try switching your virtual monitor to the right side of your main monitor. Just click and drag it in the display configuration screen.

A-10 requires that the primary display be the left most display in order for all the coordinates to work correctly.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the very quick answer ... for any reason it wont work.

I can move the virtual monitor to left, right, bottom and top but it will not expand to left .... only to the right. I also installed the virtual monitor driver again .. makes no difference ...

Someone else any idea ?!

• 1 month later...

I've got the same config as you, i will post it to you asap (i'm @work atm)

One thing is sure: the virtual display has to be on the right!

edit: by the way, thank you boarder2 for the free version of icontrol DCS. 29$ is over my psychologic app price but as soon as you'll make a special offer, i'll support you're work!

Edited by starduck

Thank you Starduck .. I have it up and working expect the CDU display.

I have also a problem with apps in this range, but it is worth the money, the support is outstanding, therefor the bucks are good invested.

Cheers

Tom

Sorry, no CDU ni the free version so i cant test

• 5 weeks later...

Grrr ... I am going mad.

I got a new pc for the sim. Set up everything but there is no way to setup a virtual monitor. The mirage driver is propperly installed and working, but Win7 willnot find a second monitor.

On my old pc the virtual monitor will notbe able to erase ... on the new pc it will not be found.

Very strange ... I tried it also with ZoneScreen .. no success. Maybe due my graphics card supports up to 6 regular monitors it will not attach a virtual one.

Any help ??

Thanks

Tom

Any news about this?

I just don't have the time lately. Working on the next version of the iOS version is taking most of my time.

I am still planning to re-evaluate when I can get my hands on a device with ICS, but based on the limited SDK exposure I've had with ICS, Google hasn't done much to make the initial hurdle required to get this on Android any easier.