iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)  

222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

boarder, any idea when me might see the next version? I'm chomping at the bit for an update.

No ETA yet for a feature set update. Been very busy lately! A minor update to A-10 VC Free will probably come by the end of next month that will fix a couple issues.

If it helps tide you over, here's a peek at what's coming in the new update!

http://twitter.com/#!/bitshiftcom/status/163711951921356800

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...if somtime the price sinks to human 15€ i´ll buy this nice app too...

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

I just bought the app, and with the fake display, it's a very great app.

But I experience some trouble for switching panels with the two fingers move (ipad 3). From time to time it doesn't work at all, the active panel is still working but I can't change view. I have to wait a few sec or have to quit and open the app again.

Do you have plan to add some shorcuts (icon) for switching views in the future ? I find the two fingers move not very practical in flight.

Thanks

HAF X - CM SPG 800W - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 - i7 2600K @ 4,6 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance CAS8 @ 1600 - Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2GO - Samsung 830 128 go (DCS A-10 on it) - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1To

I just bought the app, and with the fake display, it's a very great app.

But I experience some trouble for switching panels with the two fingers move (ipad 3). From time to time it doesn't work at all, the active panel is still working but I can't change view. I have to wait a few sec or have to quit and open the app again.

Do you have plan to add some shorcuts (icon) for switching views in the future ? I find the two fingers move not very practical in flight.

Thanks

The current navigation method sounded better on paper than it appears to work in practice. I'm working on something better in the future. It won't make it into the next version, but it's on the board for shortly after that!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Thanks for your reply =)

Another little question, iControl doesn't work at all in multiplayer or just the radio part ? Because, 90% of time I play online.

HAF X - CM SPG 800W - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 - i7 2600K @ 4,6 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance CAS8 @ 1600 - Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2GO - Samsung 830 128 go (DCS A-10 on it) - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1To

Thanks for your reply =)

Another little question, iControl doesn't work at all in multiplayer or just the radio part ? Because, 90% of time I play online.

I have the same problem and agree that it's very frustrating. See here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1368246&postcount=26 it seems to work for me the first time I connect to a server but then not again.

At the moment, I don't have any fixes or workarounds other than restarting the server (maybe just reloading the mission will do it?)

I'll look into it after I release a patch version to fix an issue with stuck keys on the MFCD OSBs (Hopefully will get that submitted to Apple in the next week or two)

Is there a way to set this up with an eyefinity triple screen setup, when running in fullscreen mode/3 cameras - 5912x1080.

I want to export the CDU to the outer, lower corner of either the right or left side monitor, however I can only get it to work when not running fullscreen, no matter how much I fiddle with the monitor configs.

Any ideas?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Is there a possibility to have the HSI on iControl ?

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Is there a way to set this up with an eyefinity triple screen setup, when running in fullscreen mode/3 cameras - 5912x1080.

I want to export the CDU to the outer, lower corner of either the right or left side monitor, however I can only get it to work when not running fullscreen, no matter how much I fiddle with the monitor configs.

Any ideas?

The exported MFCD and CDU will not work with iControl DCS with the fullscreen option selected. If you notice performance problems while running in windowed mode you can try disabling aero (There's an option to have the server do this for you automatically in the settings) and see if that helps.

The exported MFCD and CDU will not work with iControl DCS with the fullscreen option selected. If you notice performance problems while running in windowed mode you can try disabling aero (There's an option to have the server do this for you automatically in the settings) and see if that helps.

Ah, ok, too bad then, because I don't want to run in windowed mode because of the fisheye effect.

Funny thing is, the CDU actually do get exported using the "windowed" settings, although it ends up in the upper right corner on the right screen, where in windowed mode it would be in the lower left corner of the left screen. Also, it's display size seems to be double..

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

• 1 month later...

Hey just posting here, I downloaded the app, which is great except I'm getting about a 3 second lag problem between the ipad and the sim which makes it very hard to use in sim, I'm using it with the virtual 2nd monitor and have had no hassle getting that part to work, I'm running it in med quality on the latest Ipad, any suggestions would be really appropriated

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Hey just posting here, I downloaded the app, which is great except I'm getting about a 3 second lag problem between the ipad and the sim which makes it very hard to use in sim, I'm using it with the virtual 2nd monitor and have had no hassle getting that part to work, I'm running it in med quality on the latest Ipad, any suggestions would be really appropriated

Maybe you activated debugging mode, thats what caused slowdowns for me....

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

yep that was it, works perfect now, massive thanks mate, I owe ya!

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has tried this with DCS world yet, now that we can fly the A10 on there. If so if anyone can confirm that it works or not.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has tried this with DCS world yet, now that we can fly the A10 on there. If so if anyone can confirm that it works or not.

Cowboy10uk

I've not tried World yet. I do intend to support it if I can. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll have some time to try it in World but obviously supporting a beta release is pretty low on my list of important things to do ;)

I'll post updates as I have them!

Hey guys. Having problem updating my script which I am sure is the reason why i am not getting this program working. As you can see too the GREEN light isnt lit up on the Sim but it is for Device. Any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/metlg7mxpwdztap/icontrol.png

looks like the directory you have set as the sim install directory has some bad characters in it. Try setting it again in the server setting screen.

yeah i tried that. also tried it at the default location just after i installed the server program

I am not sure what I did but its working now. Thanks

Ok seems to be working fine on my ipad but how do i get these two screens to go away on the monitor on the bottom right/left?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5j11l8wiikig3vv/icontrol2.png

Edited by chief

Ok I see I need 2 monitors to make those DU screens disappear of the main cockpit display. BUT when I do that my FPS goes from about 70-80 to 25-30!! ouch!

I wish there were a better way. Have a look here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86954

• 1 month later...
Just a ittle info from my side, maybe it's helpful for others as well. I did not install any remote control software nor additional drivers. Just a plain nvidia card with two dvi outputs running on windows 7.

Via right click on desktop -> choose "Screen resolution" (or something like that - I don't own an english windows). Now in the top row where the little monitors are displayed select "detect". At least one additional device should be displayed there now. Set it to VGA and 800x600 (least performance loss I guess) and you're done.

Now you can follow the procedures to extend the iControl DCS server window to stretch to your virtual desktop manually.

I can verify that for perhaps owners of some cards (NVidia) this is a valid way to go about extended your desktop even if you don't have a second physical monitor. I spent an hour the other night and finally figured out the proper settings.

I simply forced an 800 x 600 display via my display setup even though there really wasn't one there. Then I extended my desktop to that non-existent display. Opened up A-10 VC Server and slid the 300 x 300 displays over off the right side of my screen. It took some manual adjusting to get them in the right spots (since I couldn't actually see them).. But in the end, I have no MFCDs on my main game screen (1680 x 1050) and two perfectly exported MFCDs on my iPad!

ipad2.JPG

ipad1.JPG

Help that helps some people..

I'm using a GTX 285 w/ 301.42 drivers..

BeachAV8R

Alright folks, here's a beta release of A-10 VC Server for DCS World

http://bit.ly/N9aF59

It will NOT work with the standalone version of A-10C.

Let me know how it works for everyone!

Can't get it to connect to the sim, what's the install path supposed to be set to? X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World ?

Yeah, that's the correct path.

Can you tell me what the last line in your DCS World\Config\Export\Export.lua file is?

Did you try forcing a script update?

Works fine for me.

I run a virtual monitor off to the right side of my monitor to display/ park the MFD/ CDU output and have the display setting set to high (for trial purposes at the moment).

I have all the in games settings maxed out with the exception of water, which is set to medium. With these settings I'm getting a constant frame rate of 70+ with the Ipad set to single MFD, and 30 -36 FPS on the main monitor.

Thanks for the quick fix for DCSW Boarder - Much appreciated.