Getting wingman to broadcast SPI to you?

Pigmachine

I have to admit I haven't read the entire manual, but I played around quite a bit (and love the sim more everytime I try it).

Is there a way to get him to 'recon' for you .. like in Black Shark?

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

pg 316 in the Flight Manual. Mini-SPI in particular.

Search for SADL or Datalink for more info in the Flight Manual.

• Like 1

Is that how to get AI wingman to send it to you? (sorry for not being clear about question from beginning)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

If your SADL Net settings are correct, your wingman should be sending you mini-SPI's as he engages targets.

Look over the TAD section in the Flight Manual to find the NET Settings info.

It is normal that wingmen can attack my spi if i don't broadcast my SPI with DMS left long ?

HAF X - CM SPG 800W - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 - i7 2600K @ 4,6 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance CAS8 @ 1600 - Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2GO - Samsung 830 128 go (DCS A-10 on it) - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1To

I had the same question : if I ask my wingman to

'attack with'

at default

My own voice says : attack ... at my SPI

How can he do that without me broadcasting my SPI???

I made an experiment where I have the next WP as my SPI, ask him to do that and instantly I can see on my TAD the purple line of his LOS to my SPI. I then changed my SPI to another WP and request the same thing again, and instantly his purple line goes to the other WP as requested...

The problem is that through all this, my SPI was off on the TAD OSB6

is that a bug??? Or we see here again a manifestation of His Supreme Knowledge off All (I mean AI god) :music_whistling:

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

The problem is that through all this, my SPI was off on the TAD OSB6

is that a bug??? Or we see here again a manifestation of His Supreme Knowledge off All (I mean AI god) :music_whistling:

thanks

You can set to SPI ON by hold down "Delete" key on your keyboard (the DMS Left button, Long)

overpro = I'm not good at Nintendo Mario and always get "Game over" pretty fast, so over~~pro

Hi! Overpro,

Thanks, but I know that... My question is : how can my wingman know how to attack at my spi if I dont broadcast it? (and this is what happens in the game...)

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

The same way Ka-50 wingmen knew what target you meant when you used the "Engage> My Target" command without datalink, the magic of software! Really it's designed to cover the gap left by being unable to say "Ya see that tall tree just right of the bridge? Tank 50m east, engage it" to AI.

• Like 1

... your wingman should be sending you mini-SPI's as he engages targets.

Do you mean literally as he engages targets or when he's spotting targets, of which there can be many. It seems the only thing that is transfered over SADL are SPIs... both ways. So they must be engaing or are about to enage the target..

I've had my group NET setting to 01 and never received targets from my wingman...ever. I had the JTRS set to on. It's like the wingman never has his SPI broadcast on.

So, if my JTRS is on and my group ID=01 which I'm assuming my wingman is set to, what else is missing?

I dont think the wingman ever proactively broadcasts a target as SPI. Its like I have to tell him to attack mine or give directions to attack a random ground target first. Maybe after I do that, he makes one of the targets' his SPI, but it doesnt get transfered to me.

Its not like in BS where I can send my wingman out to recon and he sends me multiple targets to save.

Edited by Avatar72

Its not like in BS where I can send my wingman out to recon and he sends me multiple targets to save.

I would be all for a loss in realistic avionics in exchange for something like this where the targets show up on the TAD as some symbol. If they wanted to go all out the wingman could easily provide a description too:

AAA, 2 oclock, 10 mi, <some direction> of the <hill/tree/forest/stream/powerplant>. They could make the wingmen be reasonable wingmen in the reconnaissance department fairly easily. I think it's lame you have to tell them to attack and then say just kidding to "steal" their SPI.

Do you mean literally as he engages targets or when he's spotting targets, of which there can be many. It seems the only thing that is transfered over SADL are SPIs... both ways. So they must be engaing or are about to enage the target..

I've had my group NET setting to 01 and never received targets from my wingman...ever. I had the JTRS set to on. It's like the wingman never has his SPI broadcast on.

So, if my JTRS is on and my group ID=01 which I'm assuming my wingman is set to, what else is missing?

I dont think the wingman ever proactively broadcasts a target as SPI. Its like I have to tell him to attack mine or give directions to attack a random ground target first. Maybe after I do that, he makes one of the targets' his SPI, but it doesnt get transfered to me.

Avatar, I do not think your NET Settings are correct, so I wrote up a brief review of how the NET Settings work. I hope once you get these sorted out, you will see that your wingman is sending you Mini-SPI's when he is engaging a target.

Regarding NET Settings:

You have 2 variables in your NET Settings, OWN ID, and GROUP ID.

OWN ID=Your position in the group. Since you are the flight lead 90% of the time, your OWN ID is usually set to 01. If you are the wingman in the flight, your OWN ID would be set to 02.

GROUP ID=Your Flight Group (You and your wingmen). Your wingmen's TAD icon will be BLUE when your GROUP ID and theirs matches. If the icon is GREEN, then you are not in the same group.

GROUP ID is not always set correctly when you start a mission, so check your GROUP ID settings when you start a mission and make note of it. For example, you may start out with your GROUP ID set to 02 by the mission designer, and you can see your wingmen in blue, (you are all on the same Group) but in order to get a SADL Datalinked Target (Red Triangle) from JTAC, you need to be on GROUP 01. So, before you contact JTAC, you need to switch to GROUP 01, then get the Datalink Target, HOOK the target, make it your SPI, and accept the assignment with the WILCO button on the TAD.

Now you can switch your GROUP ID back to 02, and then with your SPI Broadcasting ON, your wingman can "see" your SPI, or you can send it to him directly, by hooking him and then hitting the SENDXXX (Where X represents the wingman's Net ID)

If your net settings are correct, you will see a mini-SPI from your wingman with a blue line going between his plane and the mini-SPI, when he is engaging a target. You need to look up what the Mini-SPI looks like in the manual, so that you will know it when you see it in your TAD.

I hope this helps. Good Hunting!

WarriorX,

Thank you for the reply. I am aware of the SPI symbol from a wingman in the TAD. I think its a smaller version of my SPI symbol. Again, I've never seen it but thats because I never sent one to my wingman.

The scenario you describe though is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish. I want my wingman's SPI to transfer to me from a target he found on his own, not one I have marked and sending to him that is rebroadcast back to me.

Again, think of BS where our wingman would send back targeting info from a recon.

I hope this makes sense.

I know it seemed as though I was "casting a large net" with that explanation, but I have to write to the reader who is not as advanced as you are. But it does apply to you, because if your NET Settings are incorrect, you will never receive your wingman's Mini-SPI.

To your issue specifically, all I can tell you is that I have seen the wingman's Mini-SPI come up on my TAD, and it is not from one that I have sent him. It is from a target he has spotted, and I have allowed him to engage.

As the Sim stands now, you can not send your wingman out to recon an area, and he would not be much of a wingman if he left your wing! He will report target's he is in range of though.

The wingman must have first spotted the target, which means he is within a certain distance from the target. When he can see a target, he reports it.

When you tell him to engage a target that he has just seen, then he will reply copy, or negative. If he says copy, you can start looking on your TAD for his Mini-SPI.

I would keep the AI wingman in perspective, he is not ever going to be as good as your TGP combined with a thinking human pilot. I use him as a maverick hauler, and sometimes a secondary missile launch warning system. In fact, I try to keep him out of the FEBA, and have him orbit 5-7 nm from the FEBA, until I eliminate much of the SAM/AAA threat. Then bring him in on the lowest threat targets I need taken out.