Make active AI jet sit still on ramp

Hi all,

I would like an AI aircraft to be active/waiting on the ramp that I can later call in via triggers to destroy targets. I have no questions about the triggers part.

I've been unable to make active jets sit still on the ramp. I can either have them start up and take off right away, or just have them magically appear when the trigger activates. For realism's sake I'd like the airplane to be sitting there when my flight taxis by etc.

I have tried adding static planes of same type in same parking spot and then just have triggers deactivate static/activate active, but the statics never disappear.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks ~

isn't there a "visible before active" (or equivalent) check box ?...there certainly used to be..

No, there never has been.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Thought Visible before active was just for vehicles, remember seeing that on a post here a few weeks ago

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Have them there at mission start, then at mission start turn the AI off, then turn the AI back on ?

Works for ground forces - not sure about airborne :-) - might not be available for airborne as it could have negative consequences but at work so can't check ...

Cheers.

Have them there at mission start, then at mission start turn the AI off, then turn the AI back on ?

Works for ground forces - not sure about airborne :-) - might not be available for airborne as it could have negative consequences but at work so can't check ...

Pretty sure AI off is not available for air units. One could try to force it off through a script though... probably wouldn't work however.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Pretty sure AI off is not available for air units. One could try to force it off through a script though... probably wouldn't work however.

Yeah, I've tried the ai options, which aren't available for air assets. :/ I was hoping someone with a big brain could shoot me some lua coding or something. Looks like some things just can't be done as of yet with the ME.

Thanks for the quick replys though ~ :pilotfly:

It works really fine - without LUA-Coding:thumbup:

And its also simple too!

Just place a triggered Ground-Unit (HMMWV or Tank-Truck) direct in front of the AI Plane at the Ramp - then the trigger have to move the Ground-Unit away and the AI Plane roll on....thats all!:pilotfly:

Here some Pics

Screen_110427_082909.jpg

Screen_110427_082945.jpg

Edited by WRFirefox

i havent tried firefox's way but I have had the same issue.... tried making them with no fuel and with hold timers... nothing worked.

DRUID!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!?!?!?!?!

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

It works really fine - without LUA-Coding:thumbup:

And its also simple too!

Just place a triggered Ground-Unit (HMMWV or Tank-Truck) direct in front of the AI Plane at the Ramp - then the trigger have to move the Ground-Unit away and the AI Plane roll on....thats all!:pilotfly:

Aha! Never thought of that...I'll give it a try :) Thanks ~

Seems to work really well if you populate an airport with AI only. However I've run into issues using this method with a player or client departing the same airport.

Situation, I setup an F16 with a fuel truck blocking him, fuel truck triggered to move 5 minutes after mission start. Works great, truck moves and AC taxis.

However if you add a player to the mix, for example blocking vehicle moves after player reaches trigger zone on the active rwy, then the AI aircraft gets stuck and will never taxi.

i7 4770k @ 4.3ghz / 16gb DDR3 1600 / GTX 770 SC 2gb

Works both fine here (with player in SP and client in MP) - maybe the trigger-Actions is wrong.

Please send the track oder a picture of the trigger-menu.

Have you set the the blocking Vehicle-Group at Mission Start with Group AI off - and triggered it to the Taxi sequence of the plane with Group AI on?

Edited by WRFirefox

I just tested it online with buds.

The vehicle I had blocking was left with AI on, with a speed of 0, and zero waypoints. (I didn't ever want the plane it was blocking [C-17] to move).

However, another AI jet, which was my JFAC and was on the other side of the airport never moved out of parking. It's always taxi/take off fine in the past before putting the blocking vehicle in front of the C-17.

I will have to test with FireFox's suggestion tomorrow.

Try it this way:

Units:

AI Plane Unit - Name: Stinger (F-15 C)

AI Ground Unit - Name: Fox (HMMWV)

First Steps:

Place Units:

- Place Stinger at Parking "xy" and "Takeoff from ramp"

- Place Fox in front of Stinger (not to short) and Add Waypoints to the side (Speed NOT to zero!!!)

Trigger Menu:

Mission Start // Random 100 // Group AI off - Group "Fox"

Once // Random 100 // Radio item Add: "Call CAP" - Flag 1

Once // Flag is true - Flag 1 // Group AI on - Group "Fox"

Player / Client:

Set it where ever you want....

Start Mission:

Stinger will now stand at the parking area with running engines.

If you no go to the Communication-Menu klick F-10 "Other" you will see "Call CAP" (F-1) - Klick F-1 when you want and then the HMMWV will move away from Stinger and the plane ist taxiing to the runway - thats all!:smilewink:

You can also trigger the Group AI on with other conditions in the trigger menu!