3D Issues

battguano

Hi All, hope someone can help me on this...

long, detailed problem but will try to be succint. I bought this game, downloaded it and installed and other than the huge learning curve this was working ok. I have Nvidia 3D and it functioned flawlessly. I then installed another game, which caused me much grief (CoD) and now 3D does not work correctly. The problem I am having now is that when using the 3D the pictures don't match. What I mean is that if you're looking straight ahead and not moving at all then everything is fine but if you look wherever the picture moves then the same movement catches up to where you are looking so it's like you see the same movement twice. It's still 3D but you look right, then the screen does the same movement again. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this but no luck. Any ideas? I blame this all on IL-2 CoD as it completely buggered my system including my Logitech G940 which no longer works in any flight sim.

Just an update on this particular problem....I installed the new nvidia drivers last night and now 3D doesn't activate at all. It works fine in all my other games (Black Shark, call of duty, etc). It automatically starts the 3d but in A-10 it won't activate at all, which might be a blessing really. I'm going to try and get multi monitors going on this for the various screens. I have four 25" monitors, with one of them being the 3D one but am only using two on this machine. My intention was to eventually have 3 screens with the display spanning and all in 3D....might have to scale back my aspirations.

I see that a lot of people have smaller monitors that they are using for different views, of the cockpit is it? I guess that means they are not using TIR as why else would you need that if you could just look down or am I missing something?

Have you seen this thread and post?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1030334&postcount=49

The link1 entry in the registry is the important bit for the dcs subkey. If you're using 64 bit Win7 make sure to use the correct path to the key (64 bit includes the wow6432node portion in the path as outlined on the next and final page of the thread).

I'm not using the super new beta drivers but I am using the latest released ones and had the problem, but overcome it with the registry entry.

Regarding the extra monitor/pit displays, even with trackir, people do find them useful visual cues.

Edited by topdog

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

thanks topdog, i'll check that out when I get home...although to be honest, I probably won't play it in 3D now. I finally put together my 3 25" 1080p monitors and enabled 2D surround on my nvidia cards...awesome experience seeing that expanse of sky & earth....even my wife who has ZERO interest in this was like, WOW! My original intention was to have surround in 3D but given the expense of those monitors that could be a while plus now that I'm really starting to explore this SIM I'm sorta inclined to use my $$ towards building a pit.

Yeah it has completely replaced my desk in my 'office away from the office' :)

It had to really, and I do enjoy buzzing around the racetrack on wheels as well as wings too. I've just been getting lazy and leaving the driving wheel pedals on the ground to use as makeshift rudders instead of swapping them over for the real deal.

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Right, that very well could be your problem.

You can create a new registry entry in regedit by selecting the desired folder, right clicking it, going to new, and clicking "key".

This will create a new key, inside which you can add whatever values you need to, whether it be strings(text), binary(0's and 1's), etc...

I will list what each value needs to be set as when you are creating entries.

"(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)" - string

"Link1 REG_SZ Launcher.exe" - string

"StereoDX9 REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)" - DWORD (32 bit) Value

"StereoMemoEnabled REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (0)" - DWORD (32 bit) Value

"StereoTextureEnable REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)" - DWORD (32 bit) Value

------------------------------------------

I hope that helps

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

thanks for that info pyro; i can try that but i'm a bit hesitant to mess with that registry given the fact it works for all my other 3d applications. I'd hate to muck things up and make it worse than it already is. I would think there would have to be similar registry entries for my other games, i.e. black shark, etc.... given the fact i have 2d surround going now anyway I'm inclined to let sleeping dogs lie and just use that, unless of course, I end up biting the bullet and getting 2 more 3D monitors.

This is a specific entry needed for the 3d vision driver to know it should switch on for a10c, because they haven't provided an official profile for it yet.

It doesn't interfere with any other titles.

Also only the link1 entry is required, the others shouldn't be set.

We also need to know your OS to know if that's the correct path, or if your 3d vision profiles are stored elsewhere.

I believe it working before would have to do with it being confused about which game is actually running. I've had the nvidia driver think my blackshark was WRC 2010 (perhaps it had been just observing the way I fly...), and when the DCS games change their .exe names they can be mistaken again.

So combination of newly released app with changes and updates to the driver = stopped working along the way with an unofficial setup, and now needs an official setup or a manual workaround.

The other strings are unnecessary, maybe useful to other games, maybe useful to your own personal preferences, but best left unset through the registry.

For Win7 64-bit, just to confirm, the correct place to create the link1 string is here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\dcs

Edit:

dcs_a10c_3dvision_link1.gif.d0e11024234d33c10aef72744c743c45.gif

Just to be 110% sure of where the path is, and how the registry data type and content should look like. The StereoMemoEnabled is NOT something I put there manually; that appears once you're in the game, have it working, and then press Ctrl+F7 to save your 3D Vision config. Won't hurt either way I guess, but just to confirm only the link1 entry was put there manually to get it to start working normally.

Edited by topdog