Gameport & Win7: good news (I hope)

Hi ladies,

yesterday I installed Win7/64 Pro (see my previous post) and connected my old TM hotas using a gameport->usb adapter I bought on ebay for few euro (rockfire UBS nest, if I don't go wrong).

Well, win7 immediately recognized my joystick as 4 axis-4 buttons.

My keyboard seems to work properly and - that's the magic - sytem recognizes the keystrokes sent by hotas (in a previous attempt months ago with win7/32 it dodn't)

I installed LOMAC 1 and went to its control configuration.

I key see the joystick, the thrust but can't see the rudder but I remember there something to do to see it: not a real problem.

The real strange fact is that my joystick seems to be completely out of calibration.

I went to win control pannel, opened my game controller properties but I couldn't find any calibration or test button.

I did these tests in a hurry early this morning then I had to give up to go to work, so may be I missed something.

How can I calibrate and test my joystick in win7/64?

Thanks in advance.

Black Sheep

In Windows 7 you have to go through Devices and Printers.

Locate your controller and right click on it, select Game Controller Settings, you should be able to calibrate it through there.

calibrate.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Thanks for help Mustang,

I had already found the way.

Anyway, now everything works fine:

all hotas axis and buttons work fine (tested with FC2)

keyboard works

Just one note: when I start the PC I must remember to switch the FLCS in "download" mode. If I don't, keyboard doesn't work.

Once the OS is up I can switch to "run" mode and everything works.

My adapter is a Rockfire "usb nest". Thanks to it, I don't have to go for a new usb hotas.

Hope this helps someone: clean the dust from your old gameport hotas and get one of those adapters!