Fiddly CDU and radio.

zero

Guys.....:helpsmilie:

1. Is it a way to setup track IR for a good stable closeup view of sidepanels?

2. Can you duplicate CDU functions on MFD and up front keyboard?

3. No need to use the radio panel -All you need is shortcut functions?

4. Is there a 2D mod of those panels?

....and...just WOW!:worthy: Who needs more aircraft to learn? I will be occupied with A10 rest of my life.

:thumbup:

1 - You have a control mapping in the trackIR software for a precision mode. I have this mode mapped to one of the side-buttons on my mouse. You can also use the numpad keys to get a pseudo-2D fixed view of various instruments, with RCtrl there to make them "stick".

2 - UFC controls a lot of CDU functions, yes. For example, if you press FUNC you get access to secondary functions on the UFC keys that allow you to select modes for the CDU, wtih display on your MFCD "CDU" page.

3 - Not sure I understand the question. The radio panel is required to set frequencies.

4 - Not a mod per se, and not really 2D, but numpad gives you an equivalent, as mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

1. Note there's 2 zooms, one for the pit, and one for everything. If you got a spare rotary on your stick, you can get very precise control of views. Critical is a mapped 'pause' key for TIR, so when you get the view you want, just 'freeze it' till you are finished. I don't use precision mode. With a good TIR profile, you should not need it. See this post, and this

2. You can map your numbers and character keys for the UFC directly to the keyboard, because ED was considerate in avoiding using them in their default mapping, but you'll have to map the other keys, sys,wp,flpln etc to others maybe ins/del/home/end panel.

3. Point of the 3d clickable pit is to be able to do just that with the mouse. Probably best go wit the flow on this one.

4. No 2d panels in DCS. but lots of 'snap' view options. Again if u got a good TIR profile, it takes care of all that.

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

besides mapping TrackIR's precision function to your joystick, the TrackIR pause button is also a really good idea. I prefer pausing it to using precision mode, never liked the extra smoothing for some reason. But it is really easy to put your head in the right place, pause it, then relax back in your chair while you make the necessary adjustments to your avionics.

Guys.....:helpsmilie:

1. Is it a way to setup track IR for a good stable closeup view of sidepanels?

:thumbup:

On numpad hold down 0 Then press 4 or 6. You can use any of the other numbers for other preset views of the HUD, left/right panels, CPU and outside.

2500K@4.2Ghz, ASRock P67 Pro 3, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz, AMD 6950 2GB, 22" Samsung @1920*1080, X52, TrackIR 5 + Clip Pro, Win 7 64bit.