Is my TrackIR 5 working fine?

Hi,

Looks like you're using the Trackclip - that right? Where is the TrackIR in relation to the Trackclip?

Placement is important. Here's what the FAQ states...

Where should I place the TrackIR?

Reply : Ideally, the TrackIR should be placed on top of your monitor, horizontally level with the TrackHat. For use with Vector, its best to have the camera directly in front of the hat, not off to one side.

There is some flexibility in the height. The TrackIR can be several inches higher than your Vector Clip and still function perfectly. Just tilt the camera so it is pointing toward the Vector clip. If the TrackIR is placed more than a foot higher than the Vector Clip, you may notice a large amplification of motion in certain directions.

If the TrackIR is placed more than a foot lower than the Vector Clip, your hat's brim may obscure the dots when you look in certain directions.

The ideal distance from the Vector clip to camera is about 2 to 4 feet. This gives the camera enough room to track Vector as you move your head.

Check out the Quick Start Guide as well: http://media.naturalpoint.com/files/print/trackir/qsg-trackir5-201106.pdf

If it's setup correctly and it's still behaving that way, there might be a hardware issue.

Well from your video it seems fine. Looks like you are looking down to far so there is no surface for the camera to track. After all it is just reflective tape on the vector. That is why I upgraded mine to the track clip. Seems to have more range then the vector. I could be wrong but as above mentioned might want to check with support with natural point.

Edited by Atomic978

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After watching the file I agree with Atomic. It looks like the camera is not getting enough reflection and is losing the ability to track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I just remember when I had the vector I had to wear my cap with the brim up higher. Then I would adjust the speed and smooth sliders so I would not have to move my head down that far to look down 90 degrees.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One last thing I can think of that might help you out. When I had my vector I had to adjust the light sensativity. If you do not have any windows directly behind you. And the light in the room is not to bad. Try adjusting it to the left to allow more light to the camera. This might help from getting the red. Keep in mind though. If you have allot of light in the background it will mess up. You can have the same window open that you had in your video as you adjust to see if it gives you more range of motion.

I got the trackclip pro after my vector was getting wore out. And I wish I would of got it sooner. They project a ir light to the camera so no tape. Allot more range and tracks allot better IMO.

Hope you get it taken care of.

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]