How can I customize the "centered" view angle / zoom?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before (I've tried to search but no matches...), but I've just bought FC 1.1 now after some months without playing LOMAC and I can't remember if I could "graphically" adjust the default view angle inside the cockpit.

Maybe it's me, but the current one (at least inside the SU-27) is somewhat pointed high so I need to use a wider zoom to see the RWR (which is something useful to monitorize ;)...).

I believe that this view angle (the one the game reverts when you press Num5 inside the cockpit) can be adjusted by editing some LUA file, but I was just wondering if there's a way to do it inside the cockpit itself, then pressing a key to fix it.

Best regards,

Asterix

P.S.: if the answer is somewhere the manual feel free to answer with the standard 'RTFM'... :D

Easiest way is to set the view to how you want it and then press Alt-0 and then 0 again. (Might not need the second one, but I've a sticky keyboard!) This will define the default for the 5 key and the look forward key (Ins?)

Easiest way is to set the view to how you want it and then press Alt-0 and then 0 again. (Might not need the second one, but I've a sticky keyboard!) This will define the default for the 5 key and the look forward key (Ins?)

I'll try that later. TY very much.

Cheers,

Asterix

Edit: I tried it, but what you say refers to the fixing the snap views, which aren't te same thing.

I tried also what TekaTeka suggested (altering zoom max / min) and it works fine, but I'd want also to alter the VERTICAL angle used for Center View position (the one that reverts when pressing 5). I think that currently it looks somewhat to high for me, and I'd like to tune it down so I can cover better the RWR of the SU-27 without using a so wider angle.

Any ideas...?

Best regards,

Asterix

Hi all and Asterix28573.

In the config->view->snapviews and snapviewsdefault there is a listing like this:

Snap[2][13] = {}

Snap[2][13]["viewAngle"] = 75.0

Snap[2][13]["vAngle"] = -17.0

Snap[2][13]["hAngle"] = 0

The [2] represents the aircraft id number and the [13] represents the default view. if you have not modified it your the number will be different, but as you can see I have modified mine for what I wanted to see and what I am happy with. My suggestion is to goto the two snapview files and adjust the settings for what you are wanting. I adjusted the numbers in both file to be identical in case there is any conflicts, I suggest doing the same. It does take some time to get going the right direction, but it can be done. -KILSEK

BTW, the aircraft id numbers are located at the top of the view.LUA.

• Like 1

Hi,

Your da man, mate. Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers,

Asterix

Hi all and Asterix28573.

In the config->view->snapviews and snapviewsdefault there is a listing like this:

Snap[2][13] = {}

Snap[2][13]["viewAngle"] = 75.0

Snap[2][13]["vAngle"] = -17.0

Snap[2][13]["hAngle"] = 0

The [2] represents the aircraft id number and the [13] represents the default view. if you have not modified it your the number will be different, but as you can see I have modified mine for what I wanted to see and what I am happy with. My suggestion is to goto the two snapview files and adjust the settings for what you are wanting. I adjusted the numbers in both file to be identical in case there is any conflicts, I suggest doing the same. It does take some time to get going the right direction, but it can be done. -KILSEK

BTW, the aircraft id numbers are located at the top of the view.LUA.